Doesn't receive long texts?

cloudkitt

Reaction score
Greetings all.

I recently got a droid 3 (my first android phone) and I know phones just don't get a text sometimes, but I've noticed I seem to just not receive long texts. One from my friend that is 319 characters we have tried to send to me several times and I just don't receive it, and this was last night so I don't think it's just a delay either. In says it was sent on her iphone and we she wrote up different rambling text and I didn't get that one either.
Shouldn't it just split up long texts into a few messages? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Guessing, I would say that if her carrier is different than yours, or the iPhone sends the message as one text you won't get it. Verizon will stop a message that is over 260 characters. My phone splits it into two messages before it sends the text.

This post is Incredible 2!

OP
C

cloudkitt

Reaction score
Yes she is on an AT&T iphone, but my previous phone was still verizon (enV Touch) and that would split up long texts received from her into several messages. I find it kind of hard to believe the droid 3 won't do the same...I feel like I have something stupid checked or unchecked somewhere.

Reaction score
This is a feature that her phone has to support, has nothing to do with your phone. Apps like Handcent will actually auto-split messages sent out to make sure that cross-carrier support is maintained. If her phone/carrier aren't auto-magically doing it, then it's not happening. It's probably a checkbox on HER phone that accidentally got misclicked. I kinda wish that all carriers would agree to one standard :\