1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Doesn't receive long texts?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by cloudkitt, Dec 27, 2011.

1. cloudkitt

cloudkitt New Member

Greetings all.

I recently got a droid 3 (my first android phone) and I know phones just don't get a text sometimes, but I've noticed I seem to just not receive long texts. One from my friend that is 319 characters we have tried to send to me several times and I just don't receive it, and this was last night so I don't think it's just a delay either. In says it was sent on her iphone and we she wrote up different rambling text and I didn't get that one either.
    Shouldn't it just split up long texts into a few messages? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Droid Firefighter

Droid Firefighter New Member

Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
    Guessing, I would say that if her carrier is different than yours, or the iPhone sends the message as one text you won't get it. Verizon will stop a message that is over 260 characters. My phone splits it into two messages before it sends the text.

This post is Incredible 2!
  3. cloudkitt

cloudkitt New Member

Yes she is on an AT&T iphone, but my previous phone was still verizon (enV Touch) and that would split up long texts received from her into several messages. I find it kind of hard to believe the droid 3 won't do the same...I feel like I have something stupid checked or unchecked somewhere.
  4. Saik0Shinigami

Saik0Shinigami New Member

This is a feature that her phone has to support, has nothing to do with your phone. Apps like Handcent will actually auto-split messages sent out to make sure that cross-carrier support is maintained. If her phone/carrier aren't auto-magically doing it, then it's not happening. It's probably a checkbox on HER phone that accidentally got misclicked. I kinda wish that all carriers would agree to one standard :\
Search tags for this page

android wont send long texts

droid x2 wont receive long text messages
htc thunderbolt not recieving large texts
htc thunderbolt splitting up received messages
htc thunderbolt wont receive long text messages
long texts from android dont work
my android doesn't recieve texts from i-phones
my phome doesnt receive longer text messages

my phone doesn't receive long texts

phone doesnt get long text
phone not receiving long texts