Doesn't let me connect to free store wifi

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have found quite a few posts on different forums that all state what I mentioned the other day: once you see the screen in your screenshot (which is not the full browser) hit the Home button and then open your browser app and try to navigate to a random website, which sometimes forces the Connect / Login screen to appear in a browser window. Here is one example of a post from another Android forum:

"...As soon as I connect to the network, the little notifications that says Sign into Network briefly appears, and then disappears, leaving me no way to sign into the network."

...." My experience with hotel and other public networks that require either a sign in or acceptance of terms is you need to open the browser and sometimes the password screen will appear and sometimes it will not. If it does not appear try navigating to a web site (like cnn.com) and this usually will bring up the screen you need. Sometimes takes a few seconds or more than one try. This happens on my PC as well as Android devices. If I get a connection but still no data, I always open the browser expecting to have to sign in or accept something...."

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
personally I've gotten fed up with wifi in the local stores and restaurants. it is just too slow. I just stick with mobile. even quit using walmart pay because of it.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
personally I've gotten fed up with wifi in the local stores and restaurants. it is just too slow. I just stick with mobile. even quit using walmart pay because of it.
Same here, mobile 4G all the time. But, before I had unlimited I tried hotel WiFi when possible while traveling. And I ran into the same issue with the Android "Sign into network" screen that the OP posted. That's why I knew there were discussions from a few years ago on the Moto Forum. I was just too busy this past week to go look.

And that's why I posted the other day that it's not weak WiFi. The phone (or tablet, or laptop) connects to the store WiFi network. The issue is getting past the Android "Sign into network" screen so the phone is connected and can then use the browser normally.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
you could always go to lowes service desk and threaten lawsuit since they are blocking your wifi :)

seriously, since it is only lowes, try contacting their customer service online and ask them. maybe it is a common problem with them and they already have an answer ready.

one other thing, on my phone, I have a back button (not browser) that I use to bypass the kfc screen.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
From what I read that issue is sometimes caused by outdated & faulty firmware in the Access Point (AP) router, which could.mean that the Lowe's store needs to update the firmware in their router. It's been a few years since I've seen any of my phones stuck on the "Sign into...." screen. But when it did happen, opening a new browser tab (or several) for a website that wasn't already cached in my browser forced the login / connect screen to appear.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Oh.... welcome to the forum @ Brionic9001. I forgot to mention that previously.

OP
B

Brionic9001

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo 2
Thank you for welcoming me and I greatly appreciate all of this help. So far none of this has worked for me :(

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Maybe take the advice from mejustsayin and talk to the customer service folks at that Lowe's store, see what they say. The issue may be in their router firmware? Can't hurt to ask them, maybe they can put you in touch with their IT team, or open a trouble ticket?

OP
B

Brionic9001

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo 2
They said they were having some other people having problems with it and that they were having someone look into it

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Good deal

OP
B

Brionic9001

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo 2
It started doing this to me on last Thursday

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Some IT guy said "I know how to make this better...". Oops! That didn't work right. With many of us here working in the IT / tech field (or some resemblance of that) who hasn't been part of a project that didn't work the way you expected, and then you have unhappy customers. At least the Lowe's folks "seemed to" acknowledge that they are aware of it and "seem to" have a solution in mind. The joys of modern technology, and the fun that comes with it.