Doesn't let me connect to free store wifi

Brionic9001

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo 2
Ive been having problems on my droid turbo 2 getting internet from stores that make you accept a terms and conditions to use their free WiFi. I click accept and it seems to just reload the page. So I was wondering if anyone knew a way to fix it or even just away around it

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Are you using an ad blocking browser? Maybe that's blocking their internet. Double check all your settings or maybe try a different browser.

OP
B

Brionic9001

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo 2
Going through google chrome, ive tried other browser to which ive had no success, I don't know if my phone has ad blocker on at the moment, ill have to look into that. So far its just the 2 lowes stores I frequent a lot. I havnt gone to target yet since this has been happening

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
what is the wifi signal strength? sometimes I get the same thing when the signal strength inside the store is low. that is why I was wondering if it was all stores.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
There have been several reports of this the past few years on the Moto Forum. Most folks reported that after initially connecting to the public WiFi (with login) try opening several different new tabs pointed to different websites. That sometimes forces the phone to actually "connect" to the WiFi and passes the login information

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
B

Brionic9001

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo 2
The wifi there is generally pretty weak

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I don't think it's weak WiFi, it's the way the Turbo 2, Moto X Pure and some other Moto phones deal with WiFi that requires those logon screens on the browser

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Going through google chrome, ive tried other browser to which ive had no success, I don't know if my phone has ad blocker on at the moment, ill have to look into that. So far its just the 2 lowes stores I frequent a lot. I havnt gone to target yet since this has been happening

try forgetting the wifi network then try again

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I don't think it's weak WiFi, it's the way the Turbo 2, Moto X Pure and some other Moto phones deal with WiFi that requires those logon screens on the browser

just spent about 15 minutes looking for an online source about this but could not find any. do you have a source?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The Moto Forum. Don't have a link to a specific thread, but have seen it discussed there a few times the past few years.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I don't use public WiFi often, but a few years ago I ran into a similar situation with either my Turbo or Turbo 2. That's when I found some posts about opening new Browser tabs to kind of force the connection to the WiFi network requiring a login with a browser. If I have some time I will try to find those posts

OP
B

Brionic9001

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo 2
Ive opened up 20 tabs and still nothing, I've forgotten the network, turned off pop up blocker and still have not had it to work. It's only Lowe's that I'm having problems with as the other stores I've gone to have been fine.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Just to confirm, you can connect to their WiFi network within the WiFi Settings? Then when you open a browser their system wants you to login to their network using a username & password on the browser screen? And that's where the issue is occurring?

OP
B

Brionic9001

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo 2
I can connect but it says connected no internet in which it takes me to this, I hit accept and it seems to just refresh the page

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180430-073734.png
    Screenshot_20180430-073734.png
    222.5 KB · Views: 285