doesn't it make more sense?

brooklyn2410

Reaction score
hey guys, me like almost everyone here is coming from an OG (although I did buy a DX to make the wait easier) and has an upgrade waiting for the perfect device to use it on. and of course like many of us I was going to use it on the bionic but with all the push backs and the some what disappointing specs that were released we all started saying we're done with the bionic and are moving to bigger and better things such as the Vigor GSII or the prime. but honestly (and this is just my opinion) doesn't it make more sense to just get the prime. I mean everyone is afraid of buying a phone and it being immediately outdated. and to me buying any phone that has gingerbread right now is just ensuring that ur phone is going to be outdated. and yes there is always rooting and just flashing an ICS custom rom on ur phone but that might take a while for the devs to make that. to me (and again this is just my opinion) android never really had a problem with hardware. no other OS has phones more powerful than android. to me its always been a software update that android needs which is supposed to be ICS. ICS is supposed to be the updates of all updates to android. why get a phone now literally right before the biggest update for android comes out. to me nexus prime is the way to go. tell me what u guys think.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

DoctorV

Reaction score
I saw a video for the features of ICS and I wasn't all that impressed. I'm guessing the video was either incomplete or I was really missing something? My question is:

What are the benefits of ICS over Gingerbread?

i can read

Reaction score
Your theory makes since but it is based on a lot of if's. But someone like me who has been waiting since January for a phone I will take the Bionic and be satisfied.

gmorgan056

Reaction score
Your theory makes since but it is based on a lot of if's. But someone like me who has been waiting since January for a phone I will take the Bionic and be satisfied.

+1

I dont think ICS is close to being ready, we haven't really heard much about it. And look at Gingerbread, a lot of phones were supposed to get that several months ago and it's just now starting to roll out, so who knows when it would actually come out. Plus with the Bionic being a flagship phone, i'm pretty sure that it would get upgraded to ICS if it did come out relatively soon.

I'll be getting the Bionic the day it comes out.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

I Agree with you!!! I have been waiting since this phone was announced last November.. Prime looks good. But there has been no proof of it coming to Verizon... I can not see my self waiting any longer so The Bionic will be my next phone...

OP
B

brooklyn2410

Reaction score

I Agree with you!!! I have been waiting since this phone was announced last November.. Prime looks good. But there has been no proof of it coming to Verizon... I can not see my self waiting any longer so The Bionic will be my next phone...

yea ur right there hasn't been any confirmation on it being for Verizon it would suck so bad if it went to AT&T and since they are getting LTE its very possible. but all I am pretty set on waiting for the nexus prime I just wanna get more details on it before I jump ship to the bionic. but I am pretty sure I will use that 14 day trial on the bionic

tcayton49

Reaction score
I say get the Bionic, and if you don't like it then return it. But to return it just because it won't be the first to get ICS is kinda silly. Bionic definitely will get ICS at some point, so if you like everything else about then keep it. Who knows what the quality of the Prime will be. You might get it, hate it and regret not having enjoyed some bionic goodness for the last few months.

OP
B

brooklyn2410

Reaction score
I say get the Bionic, and if you don't like it then return it. But to return it just because it won't be the first to get ICS is kinda silly. Bionic definitely will get ICS at some point, so if you like everything else about then keep it. Who knows what the quality of the Prime will be. You might get it, hate it and regret not having enjoyed some bionic goodness for the last few months.

oh my it has nothing to do with getting the phone that has ICS first i just want to have the phone that was made for ICS rather than getting the bionic. who knows how long the bionic is gonna wait till it gets ICS I would definitely say well into next year