Does your turbo read your texts while you are driving?

parkschr

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has been able to get their turbo to read texts while driving. I think I have it set up correctly. I do use handcent.

TatDroid

Reaction score
Yep, mine does. You went to settings>Moto>assist to set it up, but it doesn't work for you? I use Hangouts for my SMS (a carryover from my Moto X days whose stock SMS app wouldn't handle group texts properly)

Sent from my Droid Turbo

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes and honestly it has been stuff like that ..... that really has made me love this phone.

OP
parkschr

parkschr

Reaction score
Yep, mine does. You went to settings>Moto>assist to set it up, but it doesn't work for you? I use Hangouts for my SMS (a carryover from my Moto X days whose stock SMS app wouldn't handle group texts properly)

Sent from my Droid Turbo

Yes. The box is checked. Maybe I will switch to stock app and see if it's works.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Mine does using Textra.

1coopgt

Reaction score
Mine does but it doesn't stop the music playing so you can't hear the text . LOL . Need to figure that out .

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
Tested mine tonight, using Textra, and it works just fine. It gave me the opportunity to reply back (by voice) as well. The next time I will try with my blue tooth ear piece.

becky.grimes.75

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I have Bluetooth in my car and the texts do not come through. Instead the phone does an auto reply to all texts that come through. Very annoying.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I have Bluetooth in my car and the texts do not come through. Instead the phone does an auto reply to all texts that come through. Very annoying.
That's is the driving under assist. You can turn it off. Maybe its not. I thought it was there. The read messages option is.

TatDroid

Reaction score
Did you check (as per post #2) to make sure it's set up to read?

Sent from my Droid Turbo

becky.grimes.75

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
It doesn't read them over the Bluetooth is the problem. I turned off the auto reply and when I get a text on my old phone it would automatically go trough my blue tooth. Through the moto assist all that does is read them aloud not through my blue tooth so if my music is up I won't hear it

AvaMichele

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Funny story: I have the Droid Turbo, my husband has the Droid Maxx. We both use drive assist. Tonight we were on our way to the grocery store, and we both got texts from our local news station. Mine came in first, and when my husband's prompted him to say listen, my phone picked it up, and recited the text.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Funny story: I have the Droid Turbo, my husband has the Droid Maxx. We both use drive assist. Tonight we were on our way to the grocery store, and we both got texts from our local news station. Mine came in first, and when my husband's prompted him to say listen, my phone picked it up, and recited the text.
That is funny. I've experienced some similar funny moments where the phone has arbitrarily joined into conversations and caught me totally off-guard. I actually enjoyed it and don't consider it either a flaw or a nuisance.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

rawveeda

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has been able to get their turbo to read texts while driving. I think I have it set up correctly. I do use handcent.

I use handcent also. I noticed that mine will not read texts if I have the handcent popup notification turned on. When I turn off the popup moto assist reads them out loud in the car.
Hope that helps.