Does your previous android feel like a toy compared to the Maxx?

GSdub510

Reaction score
My plastic Samsung Fascinate with all its problems seems like child's play compared to this machine. Just holding it after having this phone for only a week makes me shake my head. Gotta say, I love kevlar...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Glad you like it!! I've only used moto since I came from bb. So all of my droids have great feel to them :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
My plastic Samsung Fascinate with all its problems seems like child's play compared to this machine. Just holding it after having this phone for only a week makes me shake my head. Gotta say, I love kevlar...

...And 4.3" display, and 540 X 960 pixels, and 4G LTE, and Bluetooth V 4.0, and front facing camera, and 1080P video, and 8GB user internal storage, and 3300mAh battery, and 1.2Ghz, and spash resistant, and HDMI...

But who's keeping score? :icon_ lala:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
That's what is known as a Quantum Leap! :icon_ lala:

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
Comparing this phone to my original Droid, DX and D3, I honestly believe Moto finally got it right!
Now if I could put the camera from my htc Rezound on this phone, it truly would be my perfect phone!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Glad you like it!! I've only used moto since I came from bb. So all of my droids have great feel to them :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

I've only used Moto for the most part too. Got caught up in the super phone madness late last year and strayed....lesson learned on that one...lol.

Anyway..I had a Droid 1 and Droid X1 before I got my RAZR. So I havent experienced the toy feeling before. I will say that my RAZR seems to be more stable. I also dont have an FM Radio and that was my biggest or probably only issue with the DX1. It would reboot while listening to it from time to time.

xxwabbit

Reaction score
I went from an d1 to a maxx. Sometimes I pick up the d1 (wife uses it on wifi) I still like the feel of it as it is still has that solid phone feel. But yeah, wouldn't trade the maxx for it.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
rotordroid said:
I went from the OG to the Maxx, all I can say is WOW!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I have so many customers that buy the Razr from the OG Droid. They fall in love all over again

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I went from an d1 to a maxx. Sometimes I pick up the d1 (wife uses it on wifi) I still like the feel of it as it is still has that solid phone feel. But yeah, wouldn't trade the maxx for it.

Yeah, that solid feel for sure, but mostly because it is primarily metal construction. Good and bad (weight). I do have a 3,500mAh battery on it, so that adds bulk but geez, it lasts a WEEK while using it on WIFI at home and while my son plays his online games on the RAZR HotSpot in the car! Still, I love the OG Droid and still have it. I am waiting for a stable port of ICS to go on it and then I'm going to have some real fun. For now, it's a glorified remote control for all sorts of things in my home, like Net connected SONOS, ROKU SoundBridge, Verizon FIOS, and just a neat toy!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I hate my phone has to sit in the Ottorbox Commuter case, but I love knowing it is protected. I take it out while I am at home just to see it in its natural beauty. This is the most amazing piece of tech I have owned for sure.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I hate my phone has to sit in the Ottorbox Commuter case, but I love knowing it is protected. I take it out while I am at home just to see it in its natural beauty. This is the most amazing piece of tech I have owned for sure.

So you do get your "private moments" with your baby! What's cooler than that? Believe me, she loves you right back for taking care of her so well. :biggrin:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So you do get your "private moments" with your baby! What's cooler than that? Believe me, she loves you right back for taking care of her so well. :biggrin:

That's right!! I have an X from release day that looks good as new and works like it too!!:cool:

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
That's right!! I have an X from release day that looks good as new and works like it too!!:cool:

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Just like my OG Droid and D2. They're in like-new condition, 8.5 or 9 of 10. :icon_ lala:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
My wife thinks I am crazy, I wipe her down with the cloth I got from ordering the Steinheil screen protectors. Then gently use a can of compressed air to blow out any loose debris, use her for the day out of the Ottorbox and then tuck her back into at night and power off to charge and sleep.

I may need to seek some medical help.