Does your max go into shock?

lowfatdog

Reaction score
Apparently there is a new problem with the razr and max. Our phones go into shock and will quit working unless you let it rest and get some sleep. I was in verizon and walked up on a conversation about the max, where the rep was saying that phones are like the body and without rest they will go into shock and eventually your screen won't even turn on. Our bodies need sleep and so does the newer phones. She said ...now i am not going to say that's your only problem but it is at least part of it. The old ones you could take the batteries out of but the Max needs to be shut off every night and charged. She eventually changed what she was saying to you need to shut it off at least once a week and charge it. Mine has never went into shock. Has yours?

On a separate note, the lap dock 100 (it is like a little 10 inch laptop that uses your phone as its processor) for the razor and the Max is clearance at verizon for $50.00.

Last edited:

CaptainSeth

Reaction score
I...I don't get this. I rarely reboot any smartphone I've ever had with no problems. Just because the maxx has a permanent battery I'm supposed to remember to shut down once a week? As opposed to my Bionic that I never turned off either?

Sent from my DROID RAZR by the power of Greyskull

OP
L

lowfatdog

Reaction score
I'm not sure what she was smoking but the wife looked at me and said you have the Max...I had to bite my lip real hard not to start laughing my ass off when that lady said if you don't sleep you get tired and so does the Max. If you don't let it sleep it goes into shock and the screen will eventually quit turning on...LMAO! Every time I go in there they never cease to amaze me with their stories!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
What she means is this.... rebooting the device is good to let it "reorganize" and its recommended to do this at least once a week on our phones... its a good habit to get into for most electronic devices... computers, game consoles... you name it.

As far as powering it off to charge... its a great idea to do that... also a good idea to train the battery meter every few months. Look in the battery sub forum for any of FoxKats battery posts. It explains a lot, and he explains it far better than I do. :D

leftspin

Reaction score
"Phones are like the body and without rest they will go into shock and eventually your screen won't even turn on. Our bodies need sleep and so does the newer phones."

I get what she was going for there, but that's a terrible analogy. Yeah, you should reboot your phone every now and then (just like a computer, which this phone basically is) but I don't think I've ever actually heard of someone's phone going into "shock"

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
My phone just went into shock reading this.

Yes, a boot in the ars never hurts, nor a factory reset.

OP
L

lowfatdog

Reaction score
I know about the battery training. I don't think she was not talking about that. You don't have to do that every night as she said and then after saying that a few times she changed it to once a week. Every few months sure, once a week? No reason for that! That will not make your phone have problems like this girl was having. The part that was so funny was she was talking about it going into shock. Could a reboot help? Sure it might, but I can let my max go for weeks and the screen has never failed to come on. I guess you would of had to have been there to appreciate the moment!

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on keeping a straight face. You da man. I would have been peeing all over myself laughing so hard. Did they tell her to put a little blanket over the phone and put it's little feet up like we do for humans in shock?
Great story.

PurpleSunday

Reaction score
On a separate note, the lap dock 100 (it is like a little 10 inch laptop that uses your phone as its processor) for the razor and the Max is clearance at verizon for $50.00.

Where'd you see this? I don't see it on the VW website.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
PurpleSunday said:
Where'd you see this? I don't see it on the VW website.

I read somewhere they were already sold out, any truth to that? Your guess is as good as mine.

Just Googled it, they are available in store only, first come first served while supplies last, then they're gone.

Last edited:

PurpleSunday

Reaction score
I just picked up the last one they had left at my local VW store! I'm using the lapdock to reply here. The keyboard is kinda small, and it's going to take some getting used to. But this is really cool!!! Thanks for letting me know about the great deal!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
If my phone ran like my body I would be pissed off, I can't get out of the bed in the morning without pops and pains. My phone however runs like a champ and I usually only reboot and clear the cache once a week or every two weeks.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Congratulations on keeping a straight face. You da man. I would have been peeing all over myself laughing so hard. Did they tell her to put a little blanket over the phone and put it's little feet up like we do for humans in shock?
Great story.

I loled had to walk out the restaurant after reading to keep from disturbing the other patrons.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
PurpleSunday said:
I just picked up the last one they had left at my local VW store! I'm using the lapdock to reply here. The keyboard is kinda small, and it's going to take some getting used to. But this is really cool!!! Thanks for letting me know about the great deal!

So I might be in luck if I go? Woohoo, I'll try it this evening.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If my phone ran like my body I would be pissed off, I can't get out of the bed in the morning without pops and pains. My phone however runs like a champ and I usually only reboot and clear the cache once a week or every two weeks.

Dude... ya need to work the joints and get em to lubricate lol. :D

I hear ya though... on days where I really push it I'm sore, until I get to sit on my butt for a while... then when I get up. . I'm really sore!!.. lol