Does your droid slide open smoothly??

zinny0753

Reaction score
Whenever I slide my keyboard open, it just seems like it is dragging on something too much. And then I went to Best Buy and their showroom droid opend with barely a touch. I know it is an odd question but I can barely shut it using one hand.

Thanks

scully

Reaction score
Mine opens pretty smoothly. It does take a bit more effort than the spring assisted ones, but I would still say the motion is smooth.

HeroNova

Reaction score
Mine is pretty smooth too. There is a small amount of resistance but I think that should be there. I wouldn't want mine sliding open so easily.

About the one in BestBuy, just think of how many people are opening and closing it throughout the day, it probably has a ton of wear on it already that loosened it up.

RLJSlick

Reaction score
Same here, I wouldn't say silky smooth but very easy. I don't think you want it too smooth that it keep moving on you.

joshua117

Reaction score
same with me, a little resistance when it locks in place but thats expected

destrekor

Reaction score
Have you removed the plastic film that served as a protector from the back of top half?

Erich_F

Reaction score
Mine is just right...nice n stiff, yet smooth.

Easy now, ladies :) I'm talking about my Droid.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
mine was smooth with the plastic cover on. I've removed it and it's even smoother now, I recommend you remove it as well.

IIIunityIII

Reaction score
Have you removed the plastic film that served as a protector from the back of top half?

That would be my best guess too. With the plastic protector on, my screen slid a little rough, which helped me find the plastic protector in the first place. Took it off and now slides like butter

abwatson

Reaction score
What ever you do, don't try to loosen it or even open and close it just to make it looser! Mine was loose when i bought it and it ALWAYS opens in my pocket and makes me think i should be babying it. I can even slide to unlock it and it slides open. BTW: just learned the droid is made of gorilla glass [look it up on youtube] you can take your screen protectors off now!!

Will865R73

Reaction score
Yea mine started being hard to open today too! So i blew inside the things it slides in it started to slide much easier! You should try it, I think it starts getting harder to slide because of dust and such getting in there :motdroidhoriz:

joeybarclay

Reaction score
Mine is not smooth because my case is grinding its way on the slider as shown in this pic(the top case is removed so you can see it better)