Does your 4G ever drop for a few seconds or a couple of minutes?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by GSdub510, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Budman17r

Budman17r New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got off the phone with one today who noted it's a Known issue from Motorola.

2. georgeo18yal

georgeo18yal Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Have you tried the Restore Connectivity Settings App? You can get it from Motorola on the Google Play store for free. It updates your 4G connectivity if you have any problems. It was originally put out because there were battery saver apps that were preventing people from connecting to Verizon's 4G completely. However, it works just as well if you have a connection problem. I use it from time to time if I have a problem. I got my RAZR back in December and the problems were really bad until Verizon fixed. However my phone still had some problems, so I did a little researching until I found that app. It fixed my 4G and my 3G connection dropping problems beautifully. You should definitely download it if you're still having problems.

3. GSdub510

GSdub510 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Tried it a couple days ago and no more than 20 min later my data dropped.

4. georgeo18yal

georgeo18yal Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Hmm...I would say call Verizon but that could cause more problems since it's Verizon. Lol. You could try the Restore Connectivity Settings app again, but it doesn't seem like it would be to much help. Honestly, I'm not sure what to say really. Lol. Apparently a few Verizon towers have been spotty lately so you might be in one of those areas with a on again off again connection. If it isn't that, then I say talk to a Verizon rep and hope they know what they're talking about.

5. wxman2003

wxman2003 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is the problem with big companies. They know the problem exists, they know how to fix it, yet they can't send out an update for at least another month. They have become so overbloated with management that no one can make a decision to get the update out immediately. Instead, they force their customers to suffer through this problem for at least another month, because they will combine all the fixes with ICS. A much smaller company would have fixed this issue within days. Hello verizon, send us out the fix for this issue now. It is a critical issue, so treat it as such.

6. JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK Senior Member

Ratings:
    +61
    Yeah after the last up date I get this at least once or twice a week. I had thought it was Smart Actions, but I don't turn off date anymore and it still drops out.
    It didn't before, damn updates, grumble, grumble,,

7. chrisrach3

chrisrach3 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Rezound and am having the same problem over the past 3-4 days. I'm in KC. I pulled the battery and SIM card...same problem. I did a factory reset...same problem. I even had the phone REPLACED with another Rezound...same problem. I've been in touch with a Verizon guy from NY (245 area code) who's working on it. My 3G works fine when I have it in "CDMA only" mode. When it's in LTE/CDMA, though, it never switches to 3G. It's either 4G or nothing.

8. chrisrach3

chrisrach3 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, everything's good now. I had to go through some stuff with Verizon (shown above) but I've had a strong 4G signal now for about 24 hours.

9. Budman17r

Budman17r New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm literally thinking of Cancelling my account from this issue. Not even kidding. Now I'm stuck on an Original droid because I traded my phone in originally (when I bought it) So now no other phone, can't do crap.

I know this an incomplete statement. I'm going to write a letter to corporate relations.

10. boynblu

boynblu Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Same thing here in north Carolina.... and my speeds have dropped as well ....very disappointed.....

11. mbell75

mbell75 Member

Ratings:
    +1
  12. GSdub510

GSdub510 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    This is a bunch of bull. VZW better not take a lot of time on this issue...but of course they will..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Search tags for this page
4g connection drops

droid razr dropping 4g

droid razr drops 4g

droid razr maxx data drop

droid razr maxx dropping 4g

facebook mobile app drops my 4g
razr maxx dropping 4g

razr maxx drops 4g

verizon 4g drops connection
why dies my 4g work for a few min