Does your 4G ever drop for a few seconds or a couple of minutes?

305rev305

Reaction score
data drops all the time with Verizon and that is why I'm moving to AT&T with the galaxy S3 that I already pre ordered. CDMA and LTE can't work together without hiccups. My friend has AT&T skyrocket LTE and he gets no hiccups because they use GSM with LTE

PeekrMan

Reaction score
Yeah, funny to stumble on this post. It happens to me ALL the time. I wish I knew why it happens. I can be sitting perfectly still in the same place, on 4G LTE, browsing web or using twitter app or whatever, and the connection will just stop. I could see if I were on a train or in a car moving, but this is when I'm just sitting in one place. It is pretty infuriating, especially at $90+ per month.

Budman17r

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Tech support. Said its a known issue, will be fixed in an update a month or so from now.

OP
GSdub510

GSdub510

Reaction score
Budman17r said:
Just got off the phone with Tech support. Said its a known issue, will be fixed in an update a month or so from now.

This is what I wanted to hear...this shouldn't even be an issue with VZW always bragging about their "superior" LTE netwotk...

dmisc

Reaction score
I have noticed this problem a couple of weeks ago on my razr. I just upgraded to the maxx this week and it happens to the maxx as well.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS using Tapatalk

Tkolgen

Reaction score
I have had 8 maxx phones so far all due to this issue. The Verizon people all deny this is a major problem and seemed shocked that this is happening. I think they are told to react this way because this happens to every Maxx phone I've seen. The tech people at Verizon are no help. All they do is troubleshoot a little then nothing works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Budman17r

Reaction score
I have had 8 maxx phones so far all due to this issue. The Verizon people all deny this is a major problem and seemed shocked that this is happening. I think they are told to react this way because this happens to every Maxx phone I've seen. The tech people at Verizon are no help. All they do is troubleshoot a little then nothing works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I got off the phone with one today who noted it's a Known issue from Motorola.

georgeo18yal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
Have you tried the Restore Connectivity Settings App? You can get it from Motorola on the Google Play store for free. It updates your 4G connectivity if you have any problems. It was originally put out because there were battery saver apps that were preventing people from connecting to Verizon's 4G completely. However, it works just as well if you have a connection problem. I use it from time to time if I have a problem. I got my RAZR back in December and the problems were really bad until Verizon fixed. However my phone still had some problems, so I did a little researching until I found that app. It fixed my 4G and my 3G connection dropping problems beautifully. You should definitely download it if you're still having problems.

OP
GSdub510

GSdub510

Reaction score
georgeo18yal said:
Have you tried the Restore Connectivity Settings App? You can get it from Motorola on the Google Play store for free. It updates your 4G connectivity if you have any problems. It was originally put out because there were battery saver apps that were preventing people from connecting to Verizon's 4G completely. However, it works just as well if you have a connection problem. I use it from time to time if I have a problem. I got my RAZR back in December and the problems were really bad until Verizon fixed. However my phone still had some problems, so I did a little researching until I found that app. It fixed my 4G and my 3G connection dropping problems beautifully. You should definitely download it if you're still having problems.

Tried it a couple days ago and no more than 20 min later my data dropped.

georgeo18yal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
Tried it a couple days ago and no more than 20 min later my data dropped.

Hmm...I would say call Verizon but that could cause more problems since it's Verizon. Lol. You could try the Restore Connectivity Settings app again, but it doesn't seem like it would be to much help. Honestly, I'm not sure what to say really. Lol. Apparently a few Verizon towers have been spotty lately so you might be in one of those areas with a on again off again connection. If it isn't that, then I say talk to a Verizon rep and hope they know what they're talking about.

wxman2003

Reaction score
This is what I wanted to hear...this shouldn't even be an issue with VZW always bragging about their "superior" LTE netwotk...

This is the problem with big companies. They know the problem exists, they know how to fix it, yet they can't send out an update for at least another month. They have become so overbloated with management that no one can make a decision to get the update out immediately. Instead, they force their customers to suffer through this problem for at least another month, because they will combine all the fixes with ICS. A much smaller company would have fixed this issue within days. Hello verizon, send us out the fix for this issue now. It is a critical issue, so treat it as such.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Yeah after the last up date I get this at least once or twice a week. I had thought it was Smart Actions, but I don't turn off date anymore and it still drops out.
It didn't before, damn updates, grumble, grumble,,

chrisrach3

Reaction score
I have a Rezound and am having the same problem over the past 3-4 days. I'm in KC. I pulled the battery and SIM card...same problem. I did a factory reset...same problem. I even had the phone REPLACED with another Rezound...same problem. I've been in touch with a Verizon guy from NY (245 area code) who's working on it. My 3G works fine when I have it in "CDMA only" mode. When it's in LTE/CDMA, though, it never switches to 3G. It's either 4G or nothing.

chrisrach3

Reaction score
Okay, everything's good now. I had to go through some stuff with Verizon (shown above) but I've had a strong 4G signal now for about 24 hours.

Budman17r

Reaction score
I'm literally thinking of Cancelling my account from this issue. Not even kidding. Now I'm stuck on an Original droid because I traded my phone in originally (when I bought it) So now no other phone, can't do crap.

I know this an incomplete statement. I'm going to write a letter to corporate relations.