Does your 4G ever drop for a few seconds or a couple of minutes?

OP
GSdub510

GSdub510

Reaction score
ICS isn't going to give us an option for 3G... it's either LTE or WiFi

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

boynblu

Reaction score
GSdub510 said:
ICS isn't going to give us an option for 3G... it's either LTE or WiFi

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

I have ICS. And i don't think that is true.....i was on 3g yesterday and then 4g and i haven't been experiencing the drops like i was before...

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
boynblu said:
I have ICS. And i don't think that is true.....i was on 3g yesterday and then 4g and i haven't been experiencing the drops like i was before...

What happens to your battery when you are in a 3g area. Because ICS does not have the option of 3g only like gb had, when in a 3g (CDMA) only area will your phone keep trying to connect to a 4g signal even though there is not one. On gb, searching for 4g signal when there was not one drained the battery very fast so the best solution was to put your phone in 3g only mode.

I am in a 3g only area 90% of the time. If ICS is going to drain the battery because I don't have the option to choose 3g only any more, then that will be a problem.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

boynblu

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
What happens to your battery when you are in a 3g area. Because ICS does not have the option of 3g only like gb had, when in a 3g (CDMA) only area will your phone keep trying to connect to a 4g signal even though there is not one. On gb, searching for 4g signal when there was not one drained the battery very fast so the best solution was to put your phone in 3g only mode.

I am in a 3g only area 90% of the time. If ICS is going to drain the battery because I don't have the option to choose 3g only any more, then that will be a problem.

I drained my battery pretty good yesterday but most of it was because of screen brightness and me playing with ics....:) I didnt start with a full charge to begin with soooo maybe I spoke too soon... I have turned my brightness to manual and down then checked battery saver mode in display settings... i will try and watch it and report back.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes, that would be my concern as I am in a 3g area 90% of the time. Without the ability on ICS to put my Maxx in CDMA only mode, how will that affect my battery if it is constantly trying to search for 4g when there is no 4g available. Being able to have 3g only mode prevented the battery drain from the phone trying to search for 4g.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
I am in a 4g extended area but I have never gotten 4g unless I leave my house. I have not gotten the update but I leave mine on lte/cdma. I am a heavy user (20 to 30 gigs a month) when I stay at my house I do not have a problem making it through most of the day.

dmisc

Reaction score
my 4g is still dropping a few times a day. Today however, I had it set to cdma only, and all day I am getting signal, but in the status bar, it shows my 3g in white...not blue. It has been like this all day. Not once have I noticed it change to blue, even now.

Anyone have any idea why this is so? Our anyone else experiencing this?

Edit: my 4g isn't turning blue either.

Sent from my DROID MAXXIMUS using Tapatalk

TDJ112

Reaction score
Yea its not the phone....its the coverage in your area

When im surfing the net....I normally dont have any probs with 4g....But when im streaming radio, it always cuts off....thats when i just use my 3G only app

Last edited:

TDJ112

Reaction score

jsullivan

Reaction score
I had this problem so I exchanged my Maxx before the 14 day return time frame ended. My new Maxx has not dropped the 4G signal at all. It maintains it flawlessly.

Lkvcutie

Reaction score
I have been having the same issue where the 4g drops and its just the bars. Also my wifi has been acting weird it will drop and then I will have to go and put in my password on the other smartphone I had the phone would remember the password so every time I went to connect to the wifi I wouldn't have to re put in the password. The person who said it could be the Facebook app I think your right because I don't recall this happening before I downloaded that app. But still loving my Max its awesome!!!!

OP
GSdub510

GSdub510

Reaction score
How has it been since ICS guys? I updated this morning and it hasn't dropped yet...hopefully it doesn't at all!

RicKaysen

Reaction score
I was losing my data connection at least once on a daily basis, then I noticed it stopped happening for a couple of days prior to the expected rollout of ICS and hasn't happened since the upgrade although it's only been one day. It certainly may have been coincidental, but it may have been something done on Verizons end. My phone is bone stock and ICS came OTA.