1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

does wifi work on any froyo build??

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by ucpro, Jul 12, 2010.

1. ucpro

ucpro New Member

i have the insanely clean rom 1.1, not sure what build though, but i turn wifi on, then it says i'm on with an excellent connection, but i can't connect to anything. i've had this same problem with the kangerade, pete etc. i'm about to install the new cyanogen and see if that does anything.

is anybody else having this problem or is it just me. all of my other wireless devices work through my network except for the phone
  2. kool-aid

kool-aid New Member

wifi works for me with ud
  3. ucpro

ucpro New Member

did u apply any fix to get it working or did u get it going right after u installed ud
  4. RemyL75

RemyL75 Member

Also, have you done any of the radio updates??
  5. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member Premium Member Developer

WiFi has worked for me for every Froyo I've tried from the 1st release once the wifi update was out to the next release to the "final" release. It also works in the CyanogenMod source rom I just compiled myself and installed.
  6. ucpro

ucpro New Member

not sure about the radio part, i thought that just had to do with 3g, my baseband version is c_01.3e.01p
  7. kool-aid

kool-aid New Member

just loaded it on no fixes needed
  8. gamemaster333

gamemaster333 New Member

I've had similar issues with all of the froyo roms. I can connect to wifi and use it for a short while and I can't browse anything anymore. Even though my status bar shows three to full bars of wifi signal, it won't transfer any data. HUGE flaw in Froyo roms. Not sure if it might be the new baseband but i didn't notice these problems until I flashed the newest one. Once again, not saying it was the baseband but that could also be a cause.
  9. INSANENEIVIESIS

INSANENEIVIESIS New Member Developer

i can confirm wifi works on my ROM Insanely Clean v1 and v1.1 and what im on v1.2. sounds like a hardware issue with your phone or your router.
  10. gamemaster333

gamemaster333 New Member

I have never had any issues with WiFi on 2.1 roms. as soon as I flashed froyo, WiFi was straight up broken. I've tried BB, UD, Sapphire, and now CM 6. All have had issues. I have even had issues on a separate droid. I had a replacement sent in b/c my lock/standby button on my old droid was broken (also had wifi issues after froyo). Once I sent my old one in, rooted my "new" droid, and flashed froyo on it, WiFi was bugging out all over again.
  11. RemyL75

RemyL75 Member

I flashed my baseband when they first came out, just be sure. I haven't had any wifi issues from any of the Froyo ROMs. UD, Kangarade, CM, BB and even the first ones with no tweaks. My baseband is C_01.43.01P
  12. ucpro

ucpro New Member

what could be wrong. it worked fine before going to froyo. it'll work for 1 or 2 pages then after that it's done
  13. biz79

biz79 New Member

My WIFI has also been fine out the box on every rom I've tried including 2.0, 2.1 and the newer Froyo releases by Pete.

I know my cousin has problems with maintaining connections with his droid and his Apple wireless router before (on pre Froyo releases). So maybe droids don't like certain routers? My home router is Linksys WRT54GL.
  14. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator Premium Member

the only problem i've seen consistently with any 2.2 rom or stock i've used is that it won't automatically connect when i'm at home... i open up wifi settings, and it immediately says "getting password for ..." and connects, but i can sit there forever and it won't automatically connect unless i open up the settings

not a huge deal for me since i normally don't connect to wifi unless i need it for speed, b/c it takes up more battery life, and i just put a shortcut to wifi settings on my homescreen next to my power manager
  15. christim

christim Super Moderator

wifi worked for me on "more froyo", ss4.1, ss4.2, sapphire .7, and sapphire .8.4

I never had to do anything other than occasionally re-enter my wifi password right after initially loading a new rom. Usually it managed to keep it moving from rom to rom.

Did cyanogen work?
  16. crazyjoker2

crazyjoker2 New Member

I'm on BB V0.4 and wifi is great.
  17. 7h3.4pp12en7ic3

7h3.4pp12en7ic3 New Member

I would be VERY wary to say that. If this issue is affecting such a small number of people, I would venture to guess it is more likely user error than any problem with the ROMs themselves. I have had absolutely no issues other than the known issue with the P3 kernels that FIRST came out with Froyo, and since the fix was released, I have not had any problems at all with my wifi. (Well, some, but they were issues with the way piss-poor sys admins ran their routers) I would also make sure you ran the updates for the baseband, I personally suggest using Pete's All in One Baseband update. It is know to work perfectly, and simplifies the process immensely.
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  18. captdroid

captdroid New Member

WIFI working fine for me on the latest Sapphire 0.8.4.
  19. captdroid

captdroid New Member

Yup I had no problems with WIFI using BB 0.4 either.
  20. jessebwallace

jessebwallace New Member

UCPRO, did you ever figure this out?
    I am on a Droid Eris with the same problem.
    I'm connected, full strength and can ping network computers, but I cant get any web.