1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Does Verizon not want to sell Droid 4s?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 4' started by Sohcahtoa, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Sohcahtoa

Sohcahtoa New Member

I have Verizon's Facebook page Liked, so I always see stuff from them in my news feed. Something I've noticed: I don't think I've ever seen them advertise the Droid 4 except to announce it was released. Ever since then, they've just been pushing the Droid RAZR and the RAZR MAXX. I haven't seen ANYTHING about the Droid 4.

Why is Verizon so quiet about them? You'd think they'd be pushing them hard, advertising it as their first 4G LTE slider.
  2. Hmong_Xiong

Hmong_Xiong New Member

Its because the RAZR tends to be more popular and catches more eyes than the 4. I even see why and how too like 'razor thin' and 'new in white and purple'

The Stratosphere is the first 4G LTE for vzw btw

Motorola Droid 2: CyanogenMod 9
  3. zomnomnombie

zomnomnombie Active Member

RAZR and its iterations are their focus. I think they've said as much too.

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums
  4. TC_Mits

TC_Mits New Member

I have wondered the same thing even before the release. All the false leaks to dishearten potential buyers; the long delay to let the tech get stale...

If it did want the D4 to sell poorly, it might be so that it could use the poor sales figures to say that people just don't want sliders any more.

Also, whatever vzw uses instead of Carrier IQ would be easier to program and the personal data would be easier to record and upload if the display driver generates all the user input that has to be logged. The new push for buttonless handsets could also be explained that way: cost reduction and simplified spyware.

-- Jerry f.

Perspective instantiates reality.
    ( By DX w/DF app. )
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  5. hashbaz83

hashbaz83 New Member

Haha, when I first read the subject I thought this was going to be a joke about the iphone 4S or something. Maybe a new version of the droid 4 without 4g? :p

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums
  6. Jungle King 76

Jungle King 76 New Member

It is not getting as much marketing because it is not their first 4g slider. They have had a 4g slider for a couple of months now. The Samsung stratosphere came out back in October.

Sent from my AOKP AXI0M[R] using Xparent Purple Tapatalk
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  7. R2D|2OID

R2D|2OID New Member

No, they definitely do not want to sell any Droid 4s. That was proven by the lack of employee training. At my local store some of them had never heard of the Droid 4 (on release day). No posters, no promotion, no nothing.
  8. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

Makes absolutely no sense that they would want to dedicate themselves 100% to one device for one market though, doesn't it? Not everyone (not even close to everyone) wants a RAZR.
  9. B-Unit

B-Unit Member

No, but its easier to sell the sleek and sexy RAZR to someone who wasn't planning on buying a VZW smartphone (or smartphone at all).
  10. zomnomnombie

zomnomnombie Active Member

What B-Unit said.

I'm personally glad they are finally showing some kind of focus at all. Not that I'm partial to any particular phone. I'm just kind of tired of the headless chicken atmosphere around the Android makers.

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums
  11. Escobar

Escobar New Member

The D4 is the only phone to get less promotion than the REZOUND

Sent from my HTC REZOUND using DroidForums
  12. Kack

Kack New Member

Lol i think i only saw one commercial for the Rezound. and none for the Droid 4. There focus is on the Razr and Maxx. o well i hope the Droid 4 doesnt have a short life because i love it.
  13. R2D|2OID

R2D|2OID New Member

I saw several TV commercials for the Rezound, but I've never seen a newspaper / magazine / tv / radio / poster / ANYTHING advertising the Droid 4.
Search tags for this page

droid 4 units sold

why doesnt verizon sell the droid razr maxx anymore