Does Verizon not want to sell Droid 4s?

Sohcahtoa

Reaction score
I have Verizon's Facebook page Liked, so I always see stuff from them in my news feed. Something I've noticed: I don't think I've ever seen them advertise the Droid 4 except to announce it was released. Ever since then, they've just been pushing the Droid RAZR and the RAZR MAXX. I haven't seen ANYTHING about the Droid 4.

Why is Verizon so quiet about them? You'd think they'd be pushing them hard, advertising it as their first 4G LTE slider.

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
Its because the RAZR tends to be more popular and catches more eyes than the 4. I even see why and how too like 'razor thin' and 'new in white and purple'

The Stratosphere is the first 4G LTE for vzw btw

Motorola Droid 2: CyanogenMod 9

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
RAZR and its iterations are their focus. I think they've said as much too.

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums

TC_Mits

Reaction score
I have wondered the same thing even before the release. All the false leaks to dishearten potential buyers; the long delay to let the tech get stale...

If it did want the D4 to sell poorly, it might be so that it could use the poor sales figures to say that people just don't want sliders any more.

Also, whatever vzw uses instead of Carrier IQ would be easier to program and the personal data would be easier to record and upload if the display driver generates all the user input that has to be logged. The new push for buttonless handsets could also be explained that way: cost reduction and simplified spyware.

-- Jerry f.

Perspective instantiates reality.
( By DX w/DF app. )

Last edited:

hashbaz83

Reaction score
Haha, when I first read the subject I thought this was going to be a joke about the iphone 4S or something. Maybe a new version of the droid 4 without 4g? :p

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

Reaction score
I have Verizon's Facebook page Liked, so I always see stuff from them in my news feed. Something I've noticed: I don't think I've ever seen them advertise the Droid 4 except to announce it was released. Ever since then, they've just been pushing the Droid RAZR and the RAZR MAXX. I haven't seen ANYTHING about the Droid 4.

Why is Verizon so quiet about them? You'd think they'd be pushing them hard, advertising it as their first 4G LTE slider.

It is not getting as much marketing because it is not their first 4g slider. They have had a 4g slider for a couple of months now. The Samsung stratosphere came out back in October.

Sent from my AOKP AXI0M[R] using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

Last edited:

R2D|2OID

Reaction score
No, they definitely do not want to sell any Droid 4s. That was proven by the lack of employee training. At my local store some of them had never heard of the Droid 4 (on release day). No posters, no promotion, no nothing.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
RAZR and its iterations are their focus. I think they've said as much too.

Makes absolutely no sense that they would want to dedicate themselves 100% to one device for one market though, doesn't it? Not everyone (not even close to everyone) wants a RAZR.

B-Unit

Reaction score
Makes absolutely no sense that they would want to dedicate themselves 100% to one device for one market though, doesn't it? Not everyone (not even close to everyone) wants a RAZR.

No, but its easier to sell the sleek and sexy RAZR to someone who wasn't planning on buying a VZW smartphone (or smartphone at all).

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
What B-Unit said.

I'm personally glad they are finally showing some kind of focus at all. Not that I'm partial to any particular phone. I'm just kind of tired of the headless chicken atmosphere around the Android makers.

Escobar

Reaction score
The D4 is the only phone to get less promotion than the REZOUND

Sent from my HTC REZOUND using DroidForums

Kack

Reaction score
The D4 is the only phone to get less promotion than the REZOUND

Sent from my HTC REZOUND using DroidForums

Lol i think i only saw one commercial for the Rezound. and none for the Droid 4. There focus is on the Razr and Maxx. o well i hope the Droid 4 doesnt have a short life because i love it.

R2D|2OID

Reaction score
I saw several TV commercials for the Rezound, but I've never seen a newspaper / magazine / tv / radio / poster / ANYTHING advertising the Droid 4.