Does using a custome ROM make scroling menus/browsing the net lag free? Like Iphone

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by xythil, Mar 11, 2010.

1. xythil

xythil Member

Ratings:
    +0
    One thing keeping me from getting a Droid is I am so use to the Ipod Touch browser and menu system the slight lag/delay/jitter is just unberable on a droid.

Will this MOD + overclocking eliminate the lag in scrolling through menus and browsing the net?

Also is multitouch on this mod just like the ipod browser/googlemaps? As in does it mimic my movements exactly or does it only move in and out at preset intervals? Not sure if that is clear but basically when I pinch to zoom on my ipod touch it zooms in and out at exactly the same speed as I pinch. However the video I saw for pinch zoom on the droid just zoomed between preset levels of zoom. So instead of being smooth it just jerked in and out of 1x 2x 3x ect.. zoom.

2. sxm

sxm Member

Ratings:
    +3
    from what i noticed:

maps, yes, preset levels of zoom

browser, no, zoom is smooth.. no jumps/lags

3. pandaxpres

pandaxpres Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not seeing lag on mine with OC

4. LTLFTCer

LTLFTCer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My browser and maps seem to zoom based on my touch, not a preset clicking type response

5. big.daddy

big.daddy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Please dont take this a me being facetious but if you like the apple platform so much why not just get an iphone and you will have everything you want? the droid will never be the iphone, which im not saying negatively but they are two different platforms. After someone makes a rom simulating the apple os then what, will you then ask for someone to round your droids corners to be similar to the iphone? Just get an iphone.

6. rotordroid

rotordroid Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I am running a 2.1 overclocked ROM with the 2.1 browser. The pinch zoom is very smooth with no lag. I also have an iTouch and the Droid browser (2.1 version) works identically.

My Google Maps does not exhibit any "preseting"...the multitouch is smooth just like the browser.

The xScope browser is multitouch even without a 2.1 ROM.

The only thing I use my iTouch for anymore is an alarm clock :)

7. cplus

cplus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hey buddy. .

I know exactly what you are talking about. I love my ipt3g and how quick it is. I am running Adamz smokedglass 501 + ChevyNo1s 1.25 kernel @ 1000 Mhz and IT IS FAST SMOOTH AMAZING COMPARED TO STOCK DROID. Plus I love tether my ipod to droid. There your answer.

8. xythil

xythil Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not switching networks. This isnt really about the iphone honestly. Tethering alone makes the droid better in my eyes.

I just want basic functionality. Smoth menus, smooth browsing

Apple shouldnt have a monopoly on small useability things like these

9. xythil

xythil Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Which 2.1 ROM is the best/smoothest? I see the blackdroid is a very popular forum here

10. droid d'oh

droid d'oh Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ultimate Droid works amazing on mine. ESE53 build is near perfect at standard clocking. Overclock at 800 performs like the iphone.

11. switchblade5984

Ratings:
    +0
    you said what i couldnt manage to find in a nice way :) thanks:icon_ banana:

12. JayCizzo

JayCizzo Member

Ratings:
    +0

I don't think there's an easy answer to that question. Some ROM's run great on some Droids and not so great on other Droids. FWIW, I'm currently using Chevy's Simply Stunning v2.0.2 at 800MHZ and it runs beautifully. You will have to experiment to find the best setup for your Droid.