Does turning off "sync" save battery?

naman919

Reaction score
I've never seen it say not for the droid but when I found it in the market it says something about not for CDMA phones running 2.1. Well thats what my droid is...so what does that mean? Am I good to use it? Also naman, my droid isn't rooted anymore so I can't do a nandroid backup.

I'm running DroidMod v1.0 which is a rooted 2.0.1 ROM. I believe you are right that 2.1 isn't supported yet: Latedroid: JuiceDefender

Back to the OP, sync is a battery eater. I would just turn it off and back on when you need it this summer.

There really is no impact. The app thinks its working, but it isn't. If you want, you can search the thread with the list of beta testers for juice defender. Latest update i think is that the apn turned off but there were difficulties with turning it back on. So, this does not work the the droid yet.

Again, i'm rooted with a 2.0.1 ROM. It is in fact working appropriately for my phone. Hopefully a 2.1 release will be created here shortly.

Also, can can you please edit your quote in your post so that it takes out the extraneous information. Quoting pictures is takes up soooo much space. Thanks!

searayman

Reaction score
lol, yea Juice defender does not work on 2.1 lol, so its all in your heads. I am part of the beta group testing to help get it to work on the droid.