Does thunderbolt need a screen protector

zacedward

Reaction score
Hi im getn this phone on monday do I need a screen protector or do I not need one

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
just get the belt shell combo verizon sells it for 25$ dud perfect really light its nice

sincitygrrrl1

Reaction score
I would think its a personal preference. I don't have one, I use a belt holster. I do have a couple of tiny little light scratches but don't really notice them unless the light hits it a certain way.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I never could get into the screen protectors ... even on my OG Droid.
I use the shell holster from Verizon as well and think it provides good protection for me. Guess it all comes down to how you use it and your needs.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

GDP

Reaction score
It doesn't "need" one, but I always recommend them to be safe. My old phone supposedly had gorilla glass and it got scratched

Sent from my Thunderbolt

jimmydene84

Reaction score
Their cheap, easy to install, and SHOULD something happen, its there. I always use em

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

sonicfreak360

Reaction score
I hate screen protectors, it means I don't get to feel the smooth glass of my screen!!!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

VolDroid

Reaction score
I'm with the guys above. I use the shell holster and no screen protector and have had no problems. I quit using the protectors on my OG Droid and as long as you don't stick it in a pocket with change or keys you shouldn't have a problem unless you drop it a lot or let kids play with it.

Kid A

Reaction score
I would suggest Steinheil's screen protectors. Relatively easy to apply and available in a matte and crystal texture. I got matte and though it does cut down on the clarity just a bit it feels great to use.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I would suggest Steinheil's screen protectors. Relatively easy to apply and available in a matte and crystal texture. I got matte and though it does cut down on the clarity just a bit it feels great to use.
I concur. My Steinheil protector feels just like glass. You can't even tell it's on. I scratched my TB within two days of ownership before the Steinheil was delivered. Gorilla glass my ass. My Storm1,2 and DX never had any scratches.

Reaction score
I concur. My Steinheil protector feels just like glass. You can't even tell it's on. I scratched my TB within two days of ownership before the Steinheil was delivered. Gorilla glass my ass. My Storm1,2 and DX never had any scratches.

I also suggest Steinheil. Luckily I purchased mine in advance so They came the day before my TB so this first thing I did after activation was put it on, I purchased the crystal version. It feels just like the glass and doesn't hinder clarity at all

LOUISSSSS

Reaction score
i know a screen protector protects your screen from minor scratches, but its not going to save it from anything more than keys/coins in your pocket. it'll scratch and break if you drop the phone. Now with that in mind... why not just put the phone in the pocket without the keys?

i dont use a protector on mine because it lowers the viewing quality of the screen. why buy a phone with such a nice screen (iphone, any newer droids, etc) then cover it up with a cover that changes how the screen looks in a negative way?

OP
zacedward

zacedward

Reaction score
You are exactly right I dont think I will put one on thx everybody for your opinions

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Kid A

Reaction score
i know a screen protector protects your screen from minor scratches, but its not going to save it from anything more than keys/coins in your pocket. it'll scratch and break if you drop the phone. Now with that in mind... why not just put the phone in the pocket without the keys?

i dont use a protector on mine because it lowers the viewing quality of the screen. why buy a phone with such a nice screen (iphone, any newer droids, etc) then cover it up with a cover that changes how the screen looks in a negative way?

Crystal screen protectors barely, if at all, cut down on clarity (at least the ones I've used). The anti-glare matte ones definitely do. Either way, I would still never put a phone with a screen protector anywhere near sharp objects. Then you're practically begging for something to go wrong. I don't know of anything that can defend your phone against keys, except maybe the Zagg Invisible Shield line, but I've had nothing but terrible experiences with that product.

Screen protectors will definitely defend your phone against everything else though, and that's why I use one.

Reaction score
I had a matte screen protector the first few weeks I had my TB but I finally took it off because it did help with glare but it also made the screen less clear and not as responsive.

I just keep mine in my pocket without keys or anything else and it's fine.