Does this happen to YOUR youtube widget

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If I reboot my phone or sometimes just being idle for extended time, when I go to my youtube widget, it says...connection problem...touch here. I touch...it loads my suggested vids from my youtube account.

Thats all fine and dandy, but the strange thing is that a lot of times I touch the search glass on the widget and it doesnt respond. Neither does the video option.

I can long press and dump the widget and put a new one on the desktop and the search and stuff works fine after that.

Its just kind of annoying.

I think it has something to do with the market youtube app rather than my ROM/kernel or anything. SS4.7 with 928droid black glass theme.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Pointless widget anyway, kind of like the google search widget... i think hah.

DankDroid

Reaction score
I have had the samd problem even if I remove the widget and put it back on the home screen. Worked fine before 2.2 if I remember correctly. Stock OG DROID frg22d(lost root after upgrade):(

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yeah...its crappy. My girls does the same and she is running UD8.0. Im sure it doesnt matter the build, but its annoying. I like the idea of the widget...it just doesnt work half the time.

Hers says connection problem...touch...it wont load. I went into the actual youtube app, once it loaded my youtube account info...I closed it, went back to youtube widget and it had populate.

There is definitely some work to be done on that widget. Hope they update it because i would like to use it. I use youtube a lot.

everstar80

Reaction score
I had that problem all the time with my lg ally. Every time I opened youtube it always had some weird error notification on it. I never found out why, but it has neever done it with my droid 2. Call tech support, maybe they know how to clear it. Or you could do a factory reset and see if that will stop the problem.