Does this hack exist?!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by bd1212, Mar 12, 2010.

1. bd1212

bd1212 New Member

I was wondering if someone has made or thought of making a hack to allow the Droid to be charged while it is fully turned off.

If this hack currently does not exist, can someone create it? If the Droid was able to charge while it was fully off I think we would see a huge decrease in the amount of time needed to fully re-charge the phone.

So, does it exist?
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I would think that might be more of an app then a hack. I don't think anyone has done it yet, but you never know. I'm frequently wrong (and amazed) by what this device can do.
  3. theascended

theascended New Member

That would require modifying the emi/BIOS code which Motorola will likely never release.
  4. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach New Member

Turn off the display while it is charging. That should help since the display is a big battery drainer.
  5. Benny

Benny New Member

1.Plug in your phone with USB to computer.
    2.Turn off your phone.

There you go.
  6. bd1212

bd1212 New Member

Yeah, but I want to be able to do this via the wall charger. The wall charger seems to charge the phone faster for me since I think it puts out more power than the USB 2.0 port on my PC.
  7. ldimick

ldimick New Member

Someone, and I don't remember who, makes a docking station that allows a second battery to by plugged into the back of the DS. Or you can get a second and thrid battery and a portable charger from Ebay. Not a perfect solution.
  8. rotordroid

rotordroid New Member

Don't think an app would do it. The phone turns on as soon as any charger is connected to it. Presently you cannot turn the phone off with a charger connected, it will just reboot and powerup....I think a BIOS change is required
  9. phaze3131

phaze3131 New Member

Yea def a bios edit and a more than beginner hack. Someone said Motorola won't release it, well that's the point of the word "hack" to get in change and edit things without permission :)
  10. xxfonziexx

xxfonziexx New Member

This would probably be a really bad idea. :icon_eek: It seems that the charging control is built into the phone, not the charger itself. Really bad things happen when you overcharge Li-ion batteries (as in very hot fire that's hard to stop). It's not hard to get them over a safe voltage, and even more so when they're warm (like when charging!).
  11. m21knight

m21knight New Member

The reason the computer charges slower is because most USB 2.0 controllers can only suppy 500 mA, where the wall charger can source 850 mA. Your computer experience can be further diminshed if you have multiple items pulling power from the Bus. 850 mA is enough to charge the LiPo Batt at its max rate while the phone is in its Standby mode. There is no way to increase this rate without buggering with the hardware inside the phone. Even if you could do this, you would probablly overheat the battery and cause some serious damage.
Search tags for this page

checkpoints app hack

checkpoints coin hack

checkpoints hack ifile

checkpoints hacks

checkpoints ifile hack

hack checkpoints ifile

how to hack checkpoints

how to hack checkpoints on android
how to hack checkpoints using ifile

how to hack checkpoints with ifile

how to hack the app checkpoints