Does this Car charger exist?

smokeyjoe

Reaction score
I am looking for a car charger/mount that plugs into the cigarette lighter and ideally can be manoeuvred to portrait or landscape.

I want to be able to charge the phone in my car, listen to mp3's through my auxiliary jack and use navigation.

Maybe I am missing it.. but I can't seem to find anything!

OP
S

smokeyjoe

Reaction score
Can you link it please?

I have been on the site and do not see something that mounts from the cig lighter.

Thanks

harv2000

Reaction score
I could be proven wrong

But, I don't think what you are looking for exists in the form you are asking for it. What you need to do is get a mount/dock to hold the Droid in position and a separate charger/cord to plug into the cigarrette lighter. There are numerous mounts, including the Verizon mount (actually available at Amazon for $10 less) and there are numerous charger cables (I am actually using one that I had for another motorola phone).

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you're looking for a mount that mounts to the cigarette lighter I'd advise against it. Those ports aren't really designed to handle much weight or torque. In my particular car, the factory power jack is known for coming loose on its own.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Im thinking about buying this. Does anyone know if it will work with a Body Glove case? It appears it would that it would.

jcrome04

Reaction score
It will. I bought one for my gf and it fit with her BG case on.

FM transmitter is a nice feature too. And charging capabilities.

LassieGal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I am looking for a car charger/mount that plugs into the cigarette lighter and ideally can be manoeuvred to portrait or landscape.

I want to be able to charge the phone in my car, listen to mp3's through my auxiliary jack and use navigation.

Bracketron makes one; I saw it at Radio Shack. I got the one that fastened to the vents, but they also had one which mounted in the lighter.

OP
S

smokeyjoe

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions.. can someone link the verizon mount please? I've seen a couple and not sure which is the one that you are talking about..

NZRocketman

Reaction score
i just brought this one

Flex Car Cradle Mount Charging Holder For Motorola Droid Razr | eBay will receive it in 2-3 weeks, it sucks living on the opposite side of the world