Does the Verizon G2 support slim port or miracast?

MightyT01

Reaction score
For you G2 owners see my question in the subject. This is a big deal for me as I use my Razr Maxx with HDMI out all the time while travelling with a BT keyboard.

I've seen conflicting reports and very little info.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx on Tapatalk. now Free

mattjenn

Reaction score
Yes it has miracast

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2

OP
MightyT01

MightyT01

Reaction score
Hmm, then what about what this article says?

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20131001005711/en

I'd like definitive confirmation from any Verizon LG G2 owners who have successfully used SlimPort, just like in the new Nexus 7 (2013).

Miracast (requires additional hardware) just will not cut it nor will Chromecast (requires a WiFi Router) when you are travelling.

JKZ

Reaction score
I can let you know tomorrow. I've got a SlimPort cable arriving tomorrow for my Nexus 7, I'll try it on my G2 and see if it works.

JKZ

Reaction score
SlimPort did not arrive today. Hopefully it'll show up tomorrow or early next week. I'll let you know how it works when I get it.

JKZ

Reaction score
Hmm, then what about what this article says?

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20131001005711/en

I'd like definitive confirmation from any Verizon LG G2 owners who have successfully used SlimPort, just like in the new Nexus 7 (2013).

Miracast (requires additional hardware) just will not cut it nor will Chromecast (requires a WiFi Router) when you are travelling.

I tried SlimPort yesterday and it does appear to work. The only problem I had is I think I got a bad cable because every time I would move or wiggle the cable the signal would break up and I'd lose the picture on the TV. It did the exact same thing when hooked to my Nexus 7 too, so I'm sure it's the cable. I'm returning it and trying a different one. I'll report back when I get it tomorrow. Hope that helps.

OP
MightyT01

MightyT01

Reaction score
Thanks for the confirmation. Very little info out there and it's an important feature to me.

JKZ

Reaction score
Got my new cable today and it works great! I purchased it from Amazon, this is the one I bought which I can confirm works. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EPMF504/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The cable shown in the picture on Amazon is actually an MHL cable but I took the chance anyway because the description clearly states Slimport (mydp). The correct cable did arrive. They must just have the wrong picture up. Just a heads up for anyone looking to order.

It works with both my new Nexus 7 and my LG G2.

SlimPort_Support

Reaction score
I would recommend purchasing SlimPort certified adapters which undergo extensive testing to get their certification for an optimal experience. Usually I use the SlimPort HDMI SP1004, but lately I've used the new NANO•CONSOLE and it's been great. It even has a remote! Check out IndieGoGo for a great deal. Just search for SlimPort. Plus, it comes with all the necessary cables ;)