does the stock browser have typing lag?

M

Matth3w

I have had it with xscope not working so I uninstalled. But milestone has typing lag. Does the stock browser have have lag? And if not where can I get the apk so I can ditch this ms browser?

jasonb

Reaction score
what was wrong with Xscope? i think Xscope is amazing.

UNVERIFI3D

Reaction score
I have the same problem sometimes. I think it really depends on how many things you have running agt one time. But I have seen these issues on moto droid

crspang

Reaction score
I've had that issue too, but only on certain websites. I was posting on BGR earlier and the lag was horrible, but on this site there is no lag at all. Go figure....

OP
M

Matth3w

It doesn't work with anything that requires redirectging such as third party apps...the refresh location sucks...and so forth. Especially the not being able to use it as default because of the stupid not working with third party apps.

Anyone know where to get the stock browser apk?

jasonb

Reaction score
It doesn't work with anything that requires redirectging such as third party apps...the refresh location sucks...and so forth. Especially the not being able to use it as default because of the stupid not working with third party apps.

Anyone know where to get the stock browser apk?

whats an example of a third party app that it doesn't work with?

OP
M

Matth3w

Any program that requires you to authenticate in the browser. Touitier, TripIt, you name it. It's a known issue. As is the fact that you can't see any password characters. Not to mention I think the location of the refresh button is crap. That's a personal thing though not an actual problem with the app - I just can't count how many times I've hit the home button or another link while trying to swipe down that little menu bar. I can't stand that...but that's just a personal preference, not an actual programming flaw like the others. And the password isn't controllable either, it's a problem with Google code or something.

I spent three days thinking my TripIt app was broken because it wouldn't authenticate. I uninstalled xScope and it immediately worked in the regular Browser.

Another thing that doesn't work, for example, is posting a comment to my blog. Look in my signature, go to my blog, and try to post a comment from xScope. You can't. But it works perfect with the regular browser.

Anything that requires a redirect rarely works. Etc etc.

The browser is great on the surface but it has too many minor issues for me to keep it installed. I paid for it, but for me, it's garbage. It may work amazing for some people though. Depends what you use it for.

Go install Touitier and tell it to authorize...then when it tries to redirect back to the app it will tell you page not found. Do it with the stock browser, works immediately.

I actually planned on blogging about this very issue tomorrow...comparing Dolphin, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
M

Matth3w

So, where can I get the stock browser apk?

dylanthecat

Reaction score
Matthew, where are you seeing the lag? I have the Milestone browser and I have been very happy with it. Only been a few days though to be fair. I will try to reproduce your issue if you give me a few more details. BTW I like your blog.

OP
M

Matth3w

When typing a response on the non mobile version oof this sigte for example. Thanks for the comment on the blog.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
I am typing this on that site and yea I see what you mean. There is some lag. Sorry I do not know where to get the stock apk. I will keep my eyes open though.

OP
M

Matth3w

Anyone know where to get the stock apk? I don't care about mt and frankly I never use it