Does the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge have a one handed, shrinking screen mode like the Note 4?

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge have a one handed, shrinking screen mode like the Note 4?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Edit: It appears that one-handed mode has been removed from the S6. Some early reviews of the software mentioned it being there, but it's nowhere to be found in the retail models.

Yes, the S6 and S6 Edge have a one-handed mode.

TBmike

Reaction score
I was told by a Verizon employee (who admittedly might not have had a clue as to what he was talking about) that it doesn't have that function. I came from the S5 which had that and I loved it, so if the S6/S6 Edge does have this function I would love to know how to enable it (as I have been unsuccessful in locating it in the settings menu anywhere myself).

Thanks!

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
They must have moved it to a sub menu somewhere as the S5 has it listed in the main system settings menu.
5Mk97AC.jpg

After a quick Google search, these instructions say it's listed in the main system settings menu. http://recomhub.com/blog/how-to-set-up-galaxy-s6-for-one-handed-use/

S5 tap'n

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
It looks like they did remove it. An early review I read said it was there, but that could have been pre-release software. Everything I'm seeing online indicates that it's not there on the S6.

TBmike

Reaction score
It looks like they did remove it. An early review I read said it was there, but that could have been pre-release software. Everything I'm seeing online indicates that it's not there on the S6.

I'm guessing they did away with it for the S6. I contacted Samsung via live chat and asked, and the representative gave me incorrect information (said it was under Settings>>Sound & Display>>One handed operation, but there isn't even a Sound & Display option. It's Display and wallpaper and Sound and notifications).

jweintraub6785

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
I did find one on the Samsung Galaxy S6. Go to settings, Advanced Features, and at the top it will say "One-handed operation". Touch that, and you will get two things to toggle, the first of which is "Reduce screen size", and the second one says, "One-handed input". Hope that solves the issue.