1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Does the Razr Maxx support MAP protocol for texting?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by DROIDX2TN, Jun 23, 2012.

1. DROIDX2TN

DROIDX2TN New Member

I have a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and wondered if the Maxx would work with it's uConnect system so I could use it to send text messages while driving? Thanks!
  2. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

I had an issue with my new Ford and the MyFordTouch not working with MAP. When I sync it asks for MAP permission. But after I give it I don't get notifications through the MFT or even my phone. Text messages go straight to the inbox with no notification. I posted a question and others don't have an issue getting them through MFT. So I imagine it is just some settings I need to play with.
  3. DROIDX2TN

DROIDX2TN New Member

It does work with the Jeep uConnect system after the software upgrade from Jeep.
  4. genebopp

genebopp New Member

I just tried my Maxx with Lincoln's updated version of mytouch. I used my laptop and was sending txts to the vtext.com address. My phone made the normal text noise and the mytouch stopped the radio and put up a message. When I picked "read" it would read the message to me, but gave me no way to respond. When I picked "view" it showed the message on the screen and gave me a button that would read the message to me. There was really no way to respond, but I think that was due to the "vtext" address being the "from" address. I would call it a weak success.
Search tags for this page
does droid maxx support map
does droid razr have map protocol
does razr maxx have map
droid razr map protocol

droid razr maxx map

droid razr maxx map protocol

droid razr maxx map settings

droid razr maxx work with uconnect
map setting on droid razr
moto razr and uconnect texting
motorola razr maxx map support uconnect