Does the max have virus protection

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Although viruses are certainly out there for Android, it's still fairly rare. As long as you stay away from questionable websites and aren't handing out your information carelessly, you'll be fine. There are a few apps out there that provide virus scanning and protection such as Lookout though, if that helps put your mind at ease.

OP
M

mark5019

Reaction score
Thank you i run avast on my comp i like there mobile version

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

NOVICE

Reaction score
I use Armor for Android. Pretty expensive. Around 40$ if I remember correctly. Could well be that some of the free apps do a competent job. But it was recommended to me and I must say it really seems to do the job as I visit some edgy, dangerous sites. I like to support developers when they provide a superior product.

RAZRmax

Reaction score
I am using Avast too including theft recovery. I am going to upgrade to the premium version so I can lock down all the apps.

Also use their privacy advisor and any apps they warn about, that you don't use, disable

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't worry too much about viruses as I try to limit my apps to those that are highly trusted, rated, and well used. I'll let others be the guinea pigs. I have used Lookout in the past, but it sucked battery life big time so I dumped it. How is Avast? I like some of the features, but I don't want to kill my battery.

RAZRmax

Reaction score
No battery impact that I can tell. And on my windows box (running inside a virtual box host on Linux) I dropped AVG and switched to Avast.

Update, just finished encrypting my Droid.

Last edited: