Does the lack of Hands Free operation bother anyone?

JESSEVARGAS

Reaction score
I wouldn't be caught dead with a bluetooth headset in my ear so no it doesn't bother me
: )

X2 - My phone links to my Garmin when i get into the truck and I use it through that. Works out very nice and whomever I am talking to comes over the stereo speakers. :icon_ rocker:

spc

Reaction score
lack of hands free with droid

i could not agree more with those of you shocked at Verizon, Google and Motorola's lack of a hands free phone. Either they do something about hands free or it's going back. I was flabbergasted when I saw that it was not part of the Droid. WOW

crspang

Reaction score
I haven't missed it. But I plan on getting a Bluetooth FM transmitter for the car and of would be nice to have.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
i could not agree more with those of you shocked at Verizon, Google and Motorola's lack of a hands free phone. Either they do something about hands free or it's going back. I was flabbergasted when I saw that it was not part of the Droid. WOW

Don't forget about HTC and all the other Android phone Mfgs, this is an Android OS problem, not a Droid problem.

PJ_ED

Reaction score
I have been plugging my phone into my cassette adapter in my car. I get good (not great) sound through my speakers. You have to turn the in call volume on the phone down to about half. The people I talk to haven't complained yet. Oh yea, don't use the speaker phone when you do this, just the normal mode. You do have to speak a little louder..., I think. Again, no one has complained about the conversations yet....

trainryche

Reaction score
Yep, HUGE OVERSIGHT!!! I mean they sell it as a phone right? Im ok with how it is, but how stupid is this, I have a sprint who know the model number from 10 years ago that voice dials "SIMPLY" and "INSTANTLY"

cb2000a

Reaction score
I am not a Bluetooth user either (have the phone running through my car speakers), but really this should be addressed ASAP.

crspang

Reaction score
Could you not press the voice dial icon on the phone? I'm not a big bluetooth headset user but when I used one on my past phones I had to push a button on the headset. So if you gotta push a button it might as well be on the phone.

backlash

Reaction score
I wouldn't be caught dead with a bluetooth headset in my ear so no it doesn't bother me
: )
I kind of feel the same. I have one, but I don't use it.

Never really used voice dialing on any other phone either. So not having any of these options doesn't bother me at all.

get quad

Reaction score
Funny to see how everyone forgets that Google releases products in 'Beta' and then adds the polish later. It will come, be patient.

MJL

Reaction score
Has anyone tried using with with HANDSFREELINK (Honda,Acura)?

Yes Acura 2009 MDX and the Droid and Handfreelink DONT play nice. Can pair but never know if the audio for dialed calls will go through car audio or just to phone speakers.

kauaikid

Reaction score
I have to agree. I was shocked to find out I couldn't fully use my BT headset with the Droid. I am still trying to get acclimated to using this antiquated feature on the Droid. I have two relatives who have also just started using the Droid and they both felt the same way. How can a phone profess to be so advanced and yet be so far behind using BT features?

I still love my Droid, by the way!

Oldride

Reaction score
I have tried to use the hands free dialing feature and found it wasn't there. But on all the previous cell phones I've owned the feature was totally useless anyhow. They couldn't understand what I was asking, or they dialed the wrong person. My Droid it such a fantastic unit anyhow I can live without the Voice Dial feature...:icon_ banana: