Does the Droid "X" have turn by turn navigation?

W

warp

Google Nav is great. It's always helped me get to my destination and hasn't failed once.

Rebycman

Reaction score
is the gps navagation a extra service u have to pay for?

No the google navigation is free dancedroid

One cool feature is when you get to your destination the DX will display a picture of the front of the location (if google has it). It will say something like 'You have arrived at your destination" and then display the picture of the front of the business/store etc.

Barryvabeach

Reaction score
Is there a setting to keep the screen on. I have tried the GPS a few times using Dock Simulator, and found it annoying that the screen kept going dark every few minutes. As to Google Maps - it is pretty good , but in my local area, it shows a preference for using the local streets rather than the highway - it will get you there, but not the fastest way.

harrellj

Reaction score
Is there a setting to keep the screen on. I have tried the GPS a few times using Dock Simulator, and found it annoying that the screen kept going dark every few minutes. As to Google Maps - it is pretty good , but in my local area, it shows a preference for using the local streets rather than the highway - it will get you there, but not the fastest way.

To keep the screen on when docked, go to settings > applications > development.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

vatothe0

Reaction score

It only offers the shortest distance trip, not the fastest one. Also no consideration for traffic.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

dadarkside

Reaction score

It only offers the shortest distance trip, not the fastest one. Also no consideration for traffic.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

i came from a winmo phone. bing released the competing navigation app about a month or two ago. it takes the traffic into consideration when creating your route.

this is the BIGGEST thing i miss from my winmo phone. i've noticed that the little traffic light on the google nav gives you an estimate of how bad the traffic is. you'll then have to manually change the route. once google nav can take traffic into consideration i'll give the nav a 6 out of 5. (right now its a 5 out of 5 because it's still awesome).

tjumper78

Reaction score
hi all,
i have a question regarding the google maps.
i tried using it yesterday. a map popped up and there was a blue line along the roads that i was supposed to take. however, there was turn-by-turn sound.
from what i've read on this thread, it seems like there is a way to enable the turn-by-turn sound. how do i activate it? or am i using the wrong app?
thanks in advance.

tj1772

Reaction score
Make sure you don't unmute the setting in navigation. Also, sound is on. Exit navigation and try again.