Does the droid send SMS/MMS as data instead of a txt?

Big Cam

Reaction score
I have a droid, and my wife has an LG envy3.

We are on a shared family plan and my droid is the primary line. When I look at VZW it says I have used 0 of unlimited text and she has used 71 of unlimited text.

I can assure you I've used more than zero texts, why don't mine show up?

I am using handcent sms, if that makes a differance.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
The droid sends texts as texts, not data. Strange that it is not recording that correctly. The online tally is not always up to date though, so that may be it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't know Big Cam when I use my Verizon number and not Google Voice it sure shows up at text to me.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does the droid send SMS/MMS as data instead of a txt?
Your question has a flawed assumption. The Droid itself doesn't do anything one way or the other. The messaging app, however, can determine how SMS is sent. GV uses data. The stock app, Handcent, ChompSMS, etc send it via Verizon's network.

I can assure you I've used more than zero texts, why don't mine show up?
How long ago did you send the first text mesages?

Try calling 611 to find out.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Sometimes it takes Verizon Wireless an entire day to update the number of texts for me. Though 99% of the time, it is instant. I send about 2000 a month (most to gf).

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
This is kind of a trick question...

...If your text message is shorter than 3 pages (3 texts put together, you can send up to 7 pages) then it uses normal voice (txt).

Once you hit 3 pages, it automatically converts your text into an MMS which uses data. why it does this, i dont know.

Cardinal

Reaction score
My Droid 3 is sending messages in Text Messaging as MMS, and friends without data plans can't see anything. How do I change it to SMS?

FLZOYD21

Reaction score
My Droid 3 is sending messages in Text Messaging as MMS, and friends without data plans can't see anything. How do I change it to SMS?

I was having the same problem with my Droid 3. I realized some of my contacts mobile #s were saved as "Work" or "Home". I changed them to "Mobile" and it seems to have fixed the problem.