Does the droid have an "alarm only" setting?

kdw11005

Reaction score
I'm going to start using my moto droid for an alarm in the morning (I'm getting a home docking station) and I know every phone I've owned previously has had an "alarm only" volume setting but I haven't seen that as an option on the droid. Am I overlooking something? I have some friends that like to fwd things at 2 in the morning and I get up at 4am for work...I don't really want to be woke up for a txt.

wtpclc

Reaction score
This was a big concern for me too.

Go to Alarm Clock, hit Menu Button>Settings
Click on "Alarm in Silent mode"

zegolf

Reaction score
This was a big concern for me too.

Go to Alarm Clock, hit Menu Button>Settings
Click on "Alarm in Silent mode"

Make sure you actually turn the volume to "silent" as well. I made that mistake the first night I had the phone. Also, does anyone else think the alarm on this bad boy could wake a hibernating bear?

tmkpres

Reaction score
Yes it could, the 1st night I used it. It scared the CRAP out of me. Im starting to get use to it now though.

juliew13

Reaction score
is there anyway to make a ringtone your alarm instead of just the annoying alarm tones? same with the text message alerts...I have ringtones on my SD card but I don't know how to get them as options for my alarm and SMS notifications

metalmenance

Reaction score
did you already make the folder on card for media?
sdcard/media/audio/..... then put a folder or each of
these---alarms,notifications,ringtones
then whatever you put in them cam be used for that feature, real easy to do

cgarnes

Reaction score
I love this thread, and I use my Droid as an alarm, too (as a flashlight, and lots of other things). You have got to get an app called Auto Ring (someone here told me about it), that way, if you do have someone that you want to disturb your sweet dreams, s/he can get through to you! It's a great app!