Does the Droid 4 have the same Glass that that the Razr has?

swc2001

Reaction score
Basically I was just curious if this phone even needs a Zagg Shield Screen protector or if it can just run naked and be fine?

I saw a video of this guy taking a knife to his Razr Screen and abusing the snot out of it..... and there were NO scratches on it after he was done going Sadistic on it. I just think it would be nice to not have to have a screen protector.

Any thots Guys.

Did the Gorilla and his Glass company visit the D4?

OP
swc2001

swc2001

Reaction score
NICE!!!! Well that's a big plus... does it also have the Kevlar back like the Razr so you pretty much don't need a case either?

r314bd

Reaction score
NICE!!!! Well that's a big plus... does it also have the Kevlar back like the Razr so you pretty much don't need a case either?
No kevlar back unfortunately, so I'd definitely recommend using a case.

Last edited:
OP
swc2001

swc2001

Reaction score
Oh well its still very cool thanks bro.

R2D|2OID

Reaction score
Screen protectors make no sense to me, what is the point? Especially on Gorilla Glass. Scratches on any phone are almost never visible with the display on. The only other reason I could imagine needing one is to preserve resale value, but do you really think your Droid 4 will be worth more than about $100 a few months from now? It won't.

OP
swc2001

swc2001

Reaction score
Screen protectors make no sense to me, what is the point? Especially on Gorilla Glass. Scratches on any phone are almost never visible with the display on. The only other reason I could imagine needing one is to preserve resale value, but do you really think your Droid 4 will be worth more than about $100 a few months from now? It won't.
Lame and inacurate oppinion noted. I Can already tell..... your one of those. If you don't like screen protectors..... duh why post. And by the way I own the Bionic. I am interested in the d4 for my wife because she likes the keyboard. I don't normally argue with stupid.... but today I am feelin spunky!! Peac3!!

Reaction score
how exactly as that lame and inacurate?

how much is your Bionic worth right now? Put it on craigslist for $250 and let me know how many responses you get...

r314bd

Reaction score
how much is your Bionic worth right now? Put it on craigslist for $250 and let me know how many responses you get...
Well for what it's worth, used Bionics on eBay are averaging right around $230:

mtQbe.jpg

Reaction score
the point is, look at that price drop over a 4 month span... from $300+ down to $220 or so. these phones dont hold resale value for any amount of time.

R2D|2OID

Reaction score
Lame and inacurate oppinion noted. I Can already tell..... your one of those. If you don't like screen protectors..... duh why post. And by the way I own the Bionic. I am interested in the d4 for my wife because she likes the keyboard. I don't normally argue with stupid.... but today I am feelin spunky!! Peac3!!

Umm.. back to the Bionic forum for you, newb.

By the way, nice chart SGMD1.. talk about taking the time to make a point. If only everyone had nice excel charts to back up their outrageous claims :biggrin:

ezeddiekun

Reaction score
Contrary to popular belief, the gorilla glass can be scratched. My past Nexus One had two tiny scratches. They weren't visible unless you look for then. But for someone like me it bugged the crap out of me knowing its there. Screen protectors are still worth it, especially when you get a $5 pack on Amazon. They last months..

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums