Does the D3 have a pentile screen?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by armopride07, Jul 24, 2011.

1. radsaq

radsaq Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As a hobbyist photographer and professional programmer who can spot a screen/color defect a mile away, I was rather concerned about the screen on the D3. After spending a while sitting in the VZW store comparing the color in photos on my flickr feed between my D1 and the D3 demo model I was pleasantly surprised.

For one, despite the increased screen size over the D1/2, the D3 screen looks a lot sharper than the DX2 (more so than I would have imagined with the lesser difference between 4" and 4.3"). The colors look pretty accurate, although just a touch too cold. The gamma looks a little too high (but this isn't necessarily bad given that these days most displays come that way and people are used to it). Black and white text looks extremely sharp, and the resolution on games looks superb.

The only obvious problems that I can see are that yellows are too green, and reds leave a trail when moving across the screen.

2. bplewis24

bplewis24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The moto screens are definitely cooler/colder, but I actually prefer that to being too warm.

Brandon