Does the Atrix / Bionic Multimedia dock (with IR Remote) work with the Droid 4?

gossipninja

Reaction score
Does the multimedia dock (and its IR Remote) work on the D4? I found out the hard way that the xoom speaker dock doesn't work with the d4, so I was hoping to avoid a situation where I buy a dock and act as guinea pig.

I would imagine the hdmi / usb would work fine, I was more concerned with the IR Remote.

Thanks.

Joseph007

Reaction score
Is this it?

BIONIC-HDOCK-3.jpg

While I do not know if it would, I do know that the Droid Bionic Lapdock's connectors that use the mini HDMI and micro USB fit perfectly fine and they are the right space apart. BUT, the Bionic has its ports in a different location; they are more towards the middle where the D4's are closer to the bottom, so if the dock is form fitted around the Bionic, I would say it is a no go. See images below

Bionic Ports

droid-bionic-010_medium.jpg

Droid 4 Ports
d4side.jpg

OP
G

gossipninja

Reaction score
yes that is the dock, I am not much concerned with the spacing, as I can modify the dock or just use my lapdock extension cables.

I imagine the webtop, charging, hdmi, and usb connection ports work as they are pass through.

I just don't know if the ir commands the dock sends (which I would imagine translate over usb to some software on the atrix/bionic) would work on the D4. I am curious because these are coming down in price, and I would love to have a tv dock with a remote.

OP
G

gossipninja

Reaction score
well I bit the bullet and ordered an atrix hd dock with ir remote, I hope the remote functions work with the Droid 4, will post back when it arrives.

OP
G

gossipninja

Reaction score
no case on the d4, i have hooked it up via hdmi to a dvi to vga convertor and had it on a monitor, i did turn on webtop and the ir remote worked for volume, music, and the cursor functions.

OP
G

gossipninja

Reaction score
i should also point out i didn't "dock" the phone, I have a set of webtop extension cables (micro hdmi extensions / micro usb extenstion) as the D4 will not fit in the cutout the dock has for the atrix, I am planning on hacking up the plastic to make it fit, but that will have to wait until i have more time.

huckky

Reaction score
i should also point out i didn't "dock" the phone, I have a set of webtop extension cables (micro hdmi extensions / micro usb extenstion) as the D4 will not fit in the cutout the dock has for the atrix, I am planning on hacking up the plastic to make it fit, but that will have to wait until i have more time.

ok.. thanks for the update mate.