Does the 2.0.1 update fix photo quality?

OP
X

xderia

Reaction score
How do you attach a picture?

So you get nice quality inside also in bad light?

OP
X

xderia

Reaction score
Here is a photo inside. All my pictures inside is like this. Is this normal?

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    895.1 KB · Views: 212

synctek

Reaction score
Click the button that says "Manage Attachments" then the "Browse" button up top. Find the pic and attach it to your reply.

Anyone else wanna post bragging quality Droid pics??

synctek

Reaction score
Looks like low-light - mine will do the same thing. I think it is addressed in another thread and has something to do with low aperture, high megapixel and dilithium chrystals :)

Take one in better light - florescent or sunlight seems to bring out the best in the Droid cam. To answer your question, I think it is normal. Someone else that is satisfied with their Droid pics post a low-light to compare.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
Quote: Originally Posted by fst aslp
My resolution was really small. I can't figure out how to change it back.

with the camera app open,
  1. touch menu
  2. touch settings
  3. touch picture size

You can also slide your finger from the left side to the right to open the camera settings. Found this by accident the other day.

backlash

Reaction score
Take one in better light - florescent or sunlight seems to bring out the best in the Droid cam. To answer your question, I think it is normal. Someone else that is satisfied with their Droid pics post a low-light to compare.
I agree, sunlight seems to be best.

All taken with the stock camera app, I do not have the OTA update.
I have noticed that some of the pics I have taken, indoors, in low light, do come out kind of grainy. But when the light is good, the pic comes out great, it's a camera phone, not my DSLR, so I expect this.

For comparison sake, here are three pics, first two are indoors, in low photo light, I think there was one light on in the first pic.
2009-12-04171407.jpg

In this pic, the ceiling is vaulted, over 10 feet, walls are kind of dark in color, overcast outside, 5pm'ish, two lights on in the corner, the lighting was really horrible.

2009-12-04171312.jpg

Full sunlight
2009-12-06143308.jpg

Blinds partially closed
2009-12-06143457.jpg

Those two above came out a bit overexposed, which seems to be a problem with bright direct sunlight.

This pic, was taken during the day, when the sun was out. Light was great.

2009-12-06142017.jpg

Lighting makes a HUGE HUGE difference on whether or not your pic turns out grainy or not. Generally low light, indoor shots suck.

windstrings

Reaction score

That pics is extremely grainy...looks like a very high Iso was used to offset the need to use slower shutter speed and risk blur.
Seems I would rather have a slower shutter speed and wide open aperture and learn how to take shots without moving the camera.

backlash

Reaction score

That pics is extremely grainy...looks like a very high Iso was used to offset the need to use slower shutter speed and risk blur.
Seems I would rather have a slower shutter speed and wide open aperture and learn how to take shots without moving the camera.

Here is the info from his shot
Camera Make: Motorola
Camera Model: Milestone
Flash used: Yes
Exposure Time : 0.100 s (1/10)
Aperture: f/2.8
ISO equiv: 200
White Balance: Auto
Metering Mode: Center Weight
Exposure: program (auto)

Weird that his camera model says Milestone, mine says Droid.

ISO 200 is also the highest the camera can go.

synctek

Reaction score
Good pics. Quality is even decent for the low-light. I have the 2.01 update just F.Y.I., it didn't seem to help the low light issue, which prob means its a hardware thing. I am not camera guru but got certified to scuba dive over the summer. So I bought an 8mp underwater camera and found out that light affects the quality of pictures under water just as much as outdoors lack of light. I think I will experiment with the Droid flash next.

windstrings

Reaction score
Humm..not sure why, but I agree... just a little bit of light does wonders......

I do hope they perfect the low light situation. Its really a pretty small orifice all the light has to go through....so I really don't know if its limited on what it can do with the limited light available or if we still need a bit of software tweaking.

I have a sony that takes phenomenal pics at 10mp.. but the lens size is as big as a quarter to half dollar too! "sorry, going by memory here"

synctek

Reaction score
I will just chalk it up to a camera phone. It takes decent pictures and I will use it in a pinch but I have a couple digital cameras if I need to take an important photo. I will say that the video is exceptionally good quality - even better than the 6 and 8 mp digital camera I own. I've taken a couple videos off the phone and made DVD's to test on the 42" plasma...they good especially considering they are from a phone.