Does tething cost extra?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by VOLTIS5, Apr 15, 2010.

1. VOLTIS5

VOLTIS5 New Member

I'm kinda new to this whole "tething" thing and last night i downloaded an app called Easy tether. Right as i'm actually connected on my Droid while using a laptop to go online. Is there a hidden cost to this? Or this i should be worried about?
  2. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

The Search button is your friend. Basically, it comes down to this. By tethering your droid you are violating your service agreement with Verizon. If it comes to their attention that you're doing so, they can elect to charge you an additional $30 per month and a stiff charge above 5 gigabytes of downloads per month or they can terminate your phone at their discretion.

That said, unless you are using the droid to download massive amounts of data in the form of streams (e.g. bit torrent) you are unlikely to catch the attention of Verizon.
  3. VOLTIS5

VOLTIS5 New Member

Thanks for the head up on the search :blush:. I was just actually going to use tethering when in need. I'm not really into the whole torrent downloading deal and i just pretty much use the internet for surfing and social networking. Guess i should just leave the phone as it was intended to be used.
  4. waaplc

waaplc New Member

When the Droid first came out, I was paying Verizon for tethering with my blackberry. At the time Verizon didn't have a tethering plan. The sales rep at the store, in order to try to convince me to get a Droid, told me I could download a 3rd party app to tether for free. So I definitely don't think Verizon does anything unless its excessive or over the 5GB. If its over the 5GB tethering or not they'll charge u extra anyway.
  5. VOLTIS5

VOLTIS5 New Member

I just wasn't really sure how it was going to affect me for tethering. I was just testing to see if it actually worked (it did and it works great).
  6. LtKen

LtKen New Member

Just be conservative with it (only using it when you HAVE to) and you'll be just fine.
Search tags for this page
does it cost extra to tether on att
does it cost extra to tether you phone
does it cost extra to tether your phone
does it cost to teathet

does it cost to tether

does it cost to tether my andriod phone
does nexus terher coat extra

how much does easytether cost

how much does it cost to subscribe to the tethering service
how much does it cost to tether verizon

how much does it cost to tether with verizon