Does Swype suck on the TB?

mitchb2

Reaction score
Does for me. I spend more time backspacing than typing, and end up pecking 80% of the words.

1android

Reaction score
Swype sucks period! I would suggest the better keyboard or swiftkey keyboards if you don't like the stock HTC option

leonozug

Reaction score
Go to the Amazon app store, they have an awesome free app of the day and it's like swype, it's called Flex T9, but can do a lot more than Swype. I downloaded it to check it out and it's really good.

Reaction score
Go to the Amazon app store, they have an awesome free app of the day and it's like swype, it's called Flex T9, but can do a lot more than Swype. I downloaded it to check it out and it's really good.

I completely agree with this. I tried it just because it was free. I regret not using it sooner.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

leonozug

Reaction score

I completely agree with this. I tried it just because it was free. I regret not using it sooner.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Absolutely. You can even choose the option to write out the words with your fingers if you want. I woudln't use it, but the option is cool. lol

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been using Swype with my TB since the TB came out. I have absolutely no issues with it.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I downloaded this Flex T9 this morning on Amazon, and it's free today if someone wants to try it. I just gave it a try and am pretty impressed with it. I like my themed Swype, so if this program takes off, hopefully I can get a themed version of this.

ndhill1976

Reaction score
I really like swype, but on the TB I have to really exadurate my double letters and the deal with having to reenable swype everytime I reboot is a pain. I just downloaded the keyboard from Amazon, and will give it a try.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Does some annoying things..for example when I just wanna change a letter and click at the end of the word it highlights the whole thing and brings up suggestions.

Other than that I love swype

MrKleen

Reaction score
I definitely like FlexT9 over Swype. I hope everyone was able to take advantage of it being free yesterday on Amazon.

lettuce chief

Reaction score
yessss. flex t9 is so much bbetter. if you didn't get it from the Amazon appstore yesterday,you missed out. it has swipe built in and works great. it's 5 bucks in the market..... of you're willing to try it out there might be a trial. I switched from swift Key to flex t9 and I'm never gonna switch back.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

anuraj1

Reaction score
I'm giving t9flex a try, but so far, i'm really missing the ability in swype to add punctuation by swyping from ! to spacebar or ? to spacebar. Do you have to hold down the keys to get punctuation on t9flex?

MrKleen

Reaction score
I'm giving t9flex a try, but so far, i'm really missing the ability in swype to add punctuation by swyping from ! to spacebar or ? to spacebar. Do you have to hold down the keys to get punctuation on t9flex?

Hold down the period button and your options will pop up.

Shad0www

Reaction score
If the TB comes with swype stock then I would root and uninstall with titanium and use the beta because I find it alot better then these stock versions.

Sent from my DROIDX