Does shell come off when force dropped? Does screen get scratched without a screen protector

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yes, it's a turbo charger. No, I haven't seen any case that goes over the battery mod.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Yes, it's a turbo charger. No, I haven't seen any case that goes over the battery mod.

But it doesn't say turbo charging when plugged in like the turbo did?
Is there a way to change how many bad ow attempts before the phone wipes. Does it default at 10?
BTW it says 67%battery and still saying 7 hours left. I don't think it's estimates are very good.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
They dropped the "turbo charging" notice on the first Z when they dropped the Turbo name. All Android phones do it now, so it's nothing special anymore. LOL

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Oh, and the time left on battery thing is not accurate. IME, it never has been. Check your SOT when you get down to single digits battery life. It's better then my T2 was, no question.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Oh, and the time left on battery thing is not accurate. IME, it never has been. Check your SOT when you get down to single digits battery life. It's better then my T2 was, no question.

What is sot and where do I check it. Are you talking about system on time? If so then my phone has been on for 6 hours and is at 70% left and it says 11 hours left and I have been using my phone frequently during the past six hours and it doesn't get hot while charging or using.
Very happy so far with z2 force traded in the old turbo 2 that was hot and slow and said good riddance but it was one of the best phones for it's time before the battery went

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Actually the first Z Force Droid and Z Play Droid do display Turbo Charging when using the original charger. I believe "Turbo Charging" is a Droid monicker and since the new Z2 Series is not a "Droid" line they no longer use the "Turbo Charging" display and use fast charging like other non-Droid phones.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Actually the first Z Force Droid and Z Play Droid do display Turbo Charging when using the original charger. I believe "Turbo Charging" is a Droid monicker and since the new Z2 Series is not a "Droid" line they no longer use the "Turbo Charging" display and use fast charging like other non-Droid phones.

Loving the z2 force is said bye to my failing turbo 2 hopefully the force will last longer then the year the turbo did. Maybe I consult with Luke Skywalker

I have drop tested and no scratches on screen very happy so far.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I have some scratches on the corners. I seriously drop this thing at least weekly.

SOT stands for Screen On Time. If it isn't something you used to check on your old phone then you won't be impressed. LOL
To get to it, go to settings, battery. In the list of things that used battery below, screen is usually first. Click that. There's your SOT.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I have some scratches on the corners. I seriously drop this thing at least weekly.

SOT stands for Screen On Time. If it isn't something you used to check on your old phone then you won't be impressed. LOL
To get to it, go to settings, battery. In the list of things that used battery below, screen is usually first. Click that. There's your SOT.

Sot 1 hr 25 minutes 64% battery left it's been on 7 hrs and it's estimating 11 hrs left. Pretty good if it lasts that long my old turbo 2 would have needed a charge by now.
No case no screen protector no style mod no scratches.
Have you ever gotten it wet? Wonder how it will do on a rainy day? Like if the pogo pins get wet or damp in a rainy day will it have issues or shock you. It suprises me that the pogo pins aren't electric if the can be used to charge phone from battery mod

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The Moto Mod pogo pins will not shock you, no electricity coming out like that to shock you. But....if you get them wet repeatedly that could lead to corrosion (over time). Personally I would always use either a Style Shell (or other Moto Mod) or a case that covers the Moto Mod pins at all times, to protect them and the back of the phone. It's like driving a new car without the floor mats and then wondering g why the carpet looks dirty & worn out.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Disagree. Covering this svelte and sexy phone with a back is like dating a super model that only wears sweat pants, sweat shirts and big puffy coats.
Nothing is going to damage the pins. It would have to soak to corrode them.
And as I've said, I drop my phone constantly. The back looks new. Love to know what it's made of.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I've never in my life had comments on a phone before. Not that I care. Not that I want comments. Not that I bought this phone to get comments. But at least 6 people:
"Wow, that's thin"
"That is impossibly thin"
Holds it next to iPhone "I thought mine was thin?"

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
the only time I had comments on my phone was when I had the original iphone.
Disagree. Covering this svelte and sexy phone with a back is like dating a super model that only wears sweat pants, sweat shirts and big puffy coats.
Nothing is going to damage the pins. It would have to soak to corrode them.
And as I've said, I drop my phone constantly. The back looks new. Love to know what it's made of.

like the model, it is fun to imagine what was under the case :)

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I've never in my life had comments on a phone before. Not that I care. Not that I want comments. Not that I bought this phone to get comments. But at least 6 people:
"Wow, that's thin"
"That is impossibly thin"
Holds it next to iPhone "I thought mine was thin?"

the only phone I had that gotten comments was the original iphone.