Does rooting screw up the motherboard?

thebird36

Reaction score
I'm on my third phone i first had the Droid 2 and i had 2 of them and now I'm on the original Droid and I've rooted all of them and romed them. The screen has broken on all 3 of them, the blacklight will go on but no screen. I had the cable replaced on the Droid 2 and that didn't fix it which resulted in me getting the droid 1. Does this mess up the screen that is connected to the motherboard? Cause I'm getting sick of this with having to get new phones. If it does mess with it I guess I'm done rooting and roming.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I've only ROM my OG droid and never had a problem with it. I blew out the speaker, but the screen worked flawlessly.

Haven't flashed a ROM on my Inc, but it's been rooted for awhile and no problems.

leftspin

Reaction score
I'm not sure how changing software would result in hardware issues. Think of it like a computer, you can install any OS you want and screw that up as badly as you want but you can always just delete everything and install something else.

I've had my X rooted since the day I got it pretty much and have SBF'd, rooted, re rooted, and changed the ROM countless times with no problem

tommyg562000

Reaction score
Well, rooting and roming would not in themselves cause hardware issues. But for example, if you flash a rom that comes overclocked that could lead to hardware issues. But I've had my og droid overclocked to 800mhz for two years and only have had to replace the digitizer once

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
thebird36

thebird36

Reaction score
i did fine for over a year with my first droid 2 then i rooted and romed the 2nd 1 and it lasted a month and i just got this droid 1 three days and it had yet another hardware problem i dont know what it is i treat my phones pretty well i haven't dropped this phone yet

OP
thebird36

thebird36

Reaction score
i have this on 1.0 low voltage and for my droid 2 i never oc'd

googlelover

Reaction score
Well, I can tell you right now that it wasn't software that did it if you never overclocked. You've probably just been unlucky with which CLN you got, and got a new phone with some kind of faulty hardware? Its not as uncommon as you'd think.