Does Rezound have wireless Network support?

chris79

Reaction score
Product speciation says it has the wireless N radio, but it doesn't show my network.

sp3ar2envi

Reaction score
Yeah this phone has WiFi you just have to enable it from the menu and u should see your network

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

acejavelin

Reaction score
The phone supports a full range of Wireless LAN, including 802.11 a/b/g/n, DLNA, WiFi Direct, and can also act as a WiFi Hotspot.

OP
C

chris79

Reaction score
My replacement phone does not see my wireless N network. My laptop sees it fine. Now I'm thinking something is wrong with my phone.

flamewalker

Reaction score
I may be mistaken but it seems like mine doesn't see the 5ghz band, just the 2.4ghz band. If yours is set to 5ghz only, try setting it to 2.4. Some routers will broadcast actually 2 separate signals, so you may just need to enable the older 2.4 band.

OP
C

chris79

Reaction score
Both are enabled. Laptop connects on both.

acejavelin

Reaction score
I would do a factory reset on the router and see if you can see the signal from there, then add the pieces need to configure it one by one and see where if the signal disappears from the Rezound. Note if you are running Wireless N and WEP encryption, that is not a valid combination and the Rez doesn't like it but many routers will allow this combination and most devices will still work (albeit in G mode without telling you).

lonndoggie

Reaction score
Works on mine

I have a dual-band router (and a dual band access point) that uses a different ssid for the 5ghz band, and my Rezound can connect with both.

May be a problem with that individual phone. Does it connect with a g wireless router?

Nyobie

Reaction score
Out of the box, my Rez sees both frequencies of my wifi network. I didn't have to change any settings. Just enabled wifi, then looked at available networks and it was there.

Go into wifi, settings, advanced (menu choice) and you should see this setting as an option.

uzerydyq.jpg

Be sure you don't have only one frequency selected.

Sent from my HTC Rezound, rooted with S-OFF on Verizon's periodically blazing fast and mostly reliable 4G LTE Network that I helped fund over the years