Does phonemypc just not work?

Reaction score
Thanks someone. :)

Say, anybody interested in testing pre-release stuff please send us an email and say just a few words about your level of technical knowledge, and perhaps what you mostly use PhoneMyPC for. There's no 'best' answers (for e.g., we like technically illiterate customers as well as savvy ones), but we'd like to know a bit about you. We have a pool we'll put you in, and we'd love to have your support! Also let us know if you'd like to receive public credit and what name you would like to use it.

SoftwareForMe.com
Makers of PhoneMyPC
& Imagine Multi-touch

solar

Reaction score
I am! But I already sent you an email. I just thought I would post it here for fun too. :) This already functions better over the net then a VNC app that only ran locally!
:greendroid::icon_ banana::greendroid:

rholt

Reaction score
interested in Beta

Thanks someone. :)

Say, anybody interested in testing pre-release stuff please send us an email and say just a few words about your level of technical knowledge, and perhaps what you mostly use PhoneMyPC for.

I just heard about the program today - loaded it, but i'm @ work behind a firewall. opened up the port. the program says i'm connected (v 1.0.14) but the phone does not find me.
still, from what i'm reading - it could be very useful to me in my job as IT Director. i look @ my PC @ work (from home) all the time to keep track of the status of running programs/reports, etc.
i'd be very interested in testing.
thanks,
Russ Holt

Reaction score
@rholt,

If the PC app shows (Connected) in the title of the settings window, and your phone says "No Hosts...", then there is only one other possibility: your credentials are different on the PC and phone. We recommend changing them [temporarily] to something very simple, such as your initials, to verify that this is the problem.

Note that credentials are case sensitive, and also others have reported that Android spell-corrected their password (oops!), so watch closely as you type.

SoftwareForMe.com
Makers of PhoneMyPC
& Imagine Multi-touch

belumcukur

Reaction score
I'm sorry that I can't get it working on one PC - the one that's at my office. It just says 'can not connect'. On my home PC it works great. Already checked passwords and reinstall.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Reaction score
@belumcukur,

Please be very precise: What says "can not connect," and when? Is it on the phone, and if so, when you do what? Are you sure those are the exact words?

This matters.

Looking forward to fixing this for you.

SoftwareForMe.com
Makers of PhoneMyPC
& Imagine Multi-touch

belumcukur

Reaction score
@belumcukur,

Please be very precise: What says "can not connect," and when? Is it on the phone, and if so, when you do what? Are you sure those are the exact words?

This matters.

Looking forward to fixing this for you.

SoftwareForMe.com
Makers of PhoneMyPC
& Imagine Multi-touch

It says at first (on the PC when starting the program): 'connecting...' Then after a while: 'could not connect!' I installed the PC part of the software and rebooted the PC. Phonemypc booted with Windows (XP). But on the phone this PC did not appear. So I tried restarting the PC-part of Phonemypc and then I got this 'could not connect!' in the titlebar of the program.

Strange thing is that Logmein works well with this PC.

Appreciate any tips for solving this. I like this software very much.

Another thing I encountered is with using the software on the PC's that do work with it. Sometimes the connection seems to be lost and no reaction comes to whatever I try to do. This happens about half of the times I try to connect to a PC. Restarting the software on my Hero helps sometimes. Sometimes it doesn't.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi belumcukur,

Your firewall is blocking the software from connecting to our servers. LogMeIn works because it is using port 443, which your firewall is allowing. PhoneMyPC used to use 443, and will again soon.

For right now, PhoneMyPC us using 49200. Check your Windows Firewall and make sure PhoneMyPC is allowed to use that port for "outgoing" connections, and also your hardware firewall/router. If this is not possible, the problem will go away when we move back to port 443.

As for the other issue you describe, could you email [email protected] with more details? What do you mean by "no reaction comes...?" We prefer this in email becuase we mine the email threads for bugs, etc. One of us (you or us) can post back here a resolution or explaination when we find it, so the thread isn't left hanging.

SoftwareForMe.com
Makers of PhoneMyPC
& Imagine Multi-touch

belumcukur

Reaction score
Very good response indeed. Since I am dependent of the possibilities of my company I won't be able to change anything within the firewall settings, so I will wait until Phonemypc is able to use port 443 again. About the other problem I'll send you an email. Thank you very much for explaining this and for following this thread. Many software developers could take an example from you.

coondogg97

Reaction score
Greetings,

Audio will not make it into this next release.

We are targeting the end of this week for the next release. It will include many networking bug fixes, better keyboard support, more user-configurable input methods and some performance improvements. We will also be deploying the remote-login feature to a small group of selected customers in preparation for a general release.

We lost a large share of three weeks worth of productivity due to illness in the office, and have been dedicating most of our resources to the more recent user issues and requests: keyboard issues, networking bugs, a couple of Windows 7 issues, etc.

SoftwareForMe.com
Makers of PhoneMyPC
& Imagine Multi-touch

If it is taking this long for the next update to be released, will we ever see this app support audio?

Reaction score
@coondogg97,

Yes, we will see sound!

We've reached a point where we're trying to be very careful to not break anything as we make changes, and the changes have been complicated ones. These aren't things like "add a new button," but more like "rewrite your unique Android 1.5 and 1.6 multi-touch code to support different hardware," "make the network code more reliable when connected to Houghes Net Satellite," or "Password protect my app so nobody else can get to my PC's if I lose my phone...but make sure I can still use it if I forget my password."

We have a separate group working on sound, and it will be coming. But, we're paying more attention to our direction rather than our speed: better to go slowly in the right direction than quickly in the wrong one!

SoftwareForMe.com
Makers of PhoneMyPC
& Imagine Multi-touch

MJ5150

Reaction score
When the remote log-in feature is supported, I'll be buying the software. For now, I am just using an RDP session since I can not have my computer open and logged in 24/7.

-Mike

MJ5150

Reaction score
@MJ5150,
You're not alone, and we're as appreciative of your patience as we are sorry about the delays.

No problem my friend. The app so far is top notch quality, so I have no doubts the delay will be well worth it. You all put out some great applications.

-Mike

WLJohnson05

Reaction score
i just set mine up tonight. app is awesome so far. just the two problems with it

-no sound
-cant use if computer is locked (i never leave my computer unlocked when im out of the house)

from what i see, fixing those would make this just about perfect