Does Pandora incur extra data fees ?

JoeOxfordCT

Reaction score
Hi,

Droid newbie here....I am familiar with Pandora on my laptop. I downloaded it to my Droid but everytime I start it I get a scary message that says it may incur extra data usage fees ??? So consequently I don't listen to it much.....:icon_eek: Is this true ?

Stigy

Reaction score
As long as you have the unlimited data package (required by Verizon anyway) you should be fine.

I believe the warning is for devices on carriers that have data plans that are not unlimited.

I stream a lot so you should be fine.

Droider

Reaction score
Stigy is right. There merely put that warning because they don't know which phone/provider/plan you are using and are just warning you that it uses a significant amount of data. With the Verizon unlimited plan that most of us had to get when we bought the Droid, it will not be a problem and will not cost extra.

Dridge

Reaction score
If you exceed 40 hours a month. You will be prompted by Pandora to pay 99 cents for the remainder of the month. I do it every month.

BigTex71

Reaction score
If you exceed 40 hours a month. You will be prompted by Pandora to pay 99 cents for the remainder of the month. I do it every month.

I routinely exceed 40 hours a month and have never seen anything asking for $$. Weird.