1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Does OTA Gingerbread brick rooted TBolts????

Discussion in 'Thunderbolt Tech Support' started by snmemx, Sep 28, 2011.

1. snmemx

snmemx New Member

All,

Ok, now I'm in a panic. I'd rooted my TBolt but nothing else (no custom ROMs, etc). I just noticed the OTA Gingerbread update was ready to download and I started the process. It downloaded the file, rebooted to start the install, now I'm looking at a white triangle with an explanation point in the middle and a blue android guy. Nothing appears to be happening. If anyone has any idea of what this means, I'd REALLY APPRECIATE a reply.

Thanks!
  2. alboboy10

alboboy10 New Member

I don't think you're supposed to update when rooted. I haven't updated for that reason. I'm rooted also.
  3. snmemx

snmemx New Member

Thanks - I'd read somewhere that the OTA would work on rooted but it would unroot them. It would appear that isn't the case. It's been 20min and the screen is just sitting there displaying the annoying triangle/yellow explanation point and blue android guy.
  4. thirsty1258

thirsty1258 New Member

Can you u get back into recovery and flash from your memory.

sent from my thunderbolt
  5. snmemx

snmemx New Member

I was able to get back into recovery and got lucky it would appear...I wiped the cash as suggested in the sticky'd thread at the top...rebooting a 2nd time now just to make sure it comes back up. What's involved in flashing it from my memory?