Does Not Play Well With Others

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by Tinc, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Tinc

Tinc New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK, so I'm all of 2 days into being a new Moto-Droid owner and in the middle of a long weekend spent figuring out what the thing can / can't do. No complaints thus far beyond my own ignorance.

But when trying to few many sites with video's I get error msgs saying I need the latest greatest version of Adobe Flash.

Fine.

I hit the Download link only to find that the Latest Flash needs Android 2.2 loaded.

By my Brand-New Weapon of Mass Distraction says it's up-to-date with 2.1.

I'm beginning to suspect that Steve Jobs might be right in his urge to distance himself from Flashing.

Or did I get sucked into the non-bleeding edge of designed obsolescence with a phone several generations behind it's prime?

2. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +22
    Flash requires Android OS 2.2, the Motorola Droid is currently running Android OS 2.1-Update1. 2.2 is scheduled to be released "in the near future" with most speculating sometime in late June to early July.

Then you will have to install the Flash 10.1 application on top of 2.2

2.2 Release candidate was leaked out Saturday morning and quite a few on the board are already running it (including me) and Flash works with it.

So yes, your phone is up-to-date officially, give it some time and you'll get another update when it is officially released.

3. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7+ 256gb
    Droid is far ahead of any iphone out there.

Search tags for this page

origins of saying does not play well with others