Does my app crash on Droid X?

rgfindl

Reaction score
App Name: Marine Weather by Bluefin

I received an email saying it crashes on startup but I can't recreate the problem using the emulators. Any help would be great. Thanks!

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
Looks really nice for about 3 seconds and gone... just endup back at my home screen like it never launched

OP
R

rgfindl

Reaction score
Thanks for the test FreyGrimrod. Do you get the "Exception" dialog box or does the app just disappear? How far does it get?

On startup the app should load the Google maps view, post a loading dialog while I generate some overlays, then post a welcome dialog on first use.

Thanks again!

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
Believe I got the welcome dialog second time around if I was quick I could pinch to zoom fine and move around for maybe a second then just homescreen no exception just dissapeared hope you get it working know more than one yacht broker interested

OP
R

rgfindl

Reaction score
FreyGrimrod I just pushed out an update (1.0.1). Can you please let me know if it works.

I was able to demo the Droid X in the verizon store and catch the stack trace. Turns out it was a problem with Google's default MyLocationOverlay. Hopefully that's the only problem.

Thanks for spreading the word to you yacht broker.

Thank you so much for your help!

fibercode

Reaction score
I have the same problem

Hi rgfindl,

I have three applications and they work fine on all the phones but the new Droid X.

Unfortunately I cannot find one to connect to my computer to see the stack.

I also use MyLocationOverlay in all three applications so from your post it looks like this might be the problem.

Can you please tell me what exactly is the issue with the default MyLocationOverlay on this new phone.

Thank you for your help!

OP
R

rgfindl

Reaction score
fibercode,

Here is the stack trace I had:

Code:
E/AndroidRuntime(10458): Uncaught handler: thread main exiting due to  uncaught exception
E/AndroidRuntime(10458): java.lang.ClassCastException:  android.graphics.drawable.BitmapDrawable
E/AndroidRuntime(10458): 	at com.google.android.maps.MyLocationOverlay.getLocationDot(MyLocationOverlay.java:180)

Here is the solution I found:
Re: Google Maps - Page 2 - MOTODEV Discussion Boards

Note: I still don't have confirmation that it worked. I might have to head out to the Verizon store to try my update.

fibercode

Reaction score
rgfindl,

Thank you for your quick response!

I will try that as well... I will use this class to extend from the default MyLocationOverlay.

This is definitely not ideal but... If we have no other choice.

After that I will had out to the local Verizon store as well to see if it worked.

I assume you will get back before I even had out since I have to change and publish my applications.

When you find out if this solution worked for you, can you please let me know.

Thank you.

OP
R

rgfindl

Reaction score
Great! Thanks for your help FreyGrimrod! I appreciate your time.

fibercode

Reaction score
FreyGrimrod,

I just fixed one of my applications called "Boat Ramps". I hope it works on the Droid X now.

Can you please download it on your Droid X and check. It is free.

Thank you in advance FreyGrimrod!

fibercode

Reaction score
Thank you FreyGrimrod for testing it!

@ rgfindl,

Thank you again for your post with the solution!!!!

You saved me a ton of time and headaches!

Just got your Marine Weather Pro and I like it...

Last edited:
OP
R

rgfindl

Reaction score
Thanks fibercore. I already had 'Boat Ramps'. My brother and I trailer our boat all around. It is nice to have the exact ramp location at my finger tips.