Does motor Google now work from screen off w replacement launchers

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I have tried apex on droid max and am thinking that or nova but want the one that works best with Google now when asleep and locked etc

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I have tried apex on droid max and am thinking that or nova but want the one that works best with Google now when asleep and locked etc

I don't believe the launcher is in any way involved with Google Now, so it should function identically irrespective of the launcher, afaik.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I am using nova on turbo and it seems to work but I noticed there is a Google now launcher as well which I think is for devices that don't have it built in like the motor droid do

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That's correct. I'm using the Google Now Launcher on my Note 4 to make it feel more like stock android and because I don't need all of the added bells, whistles, and features that other launchers provide. I do like Nova from time to time though.

I have to agree with FoxKat though, Now should function completely independently of your launcher. One thing to keep in mind, it seems like they keep going back and forth with whether to let Now work even when the screen is off. Sometimes that option will be there, other times, it will only be an option to work while in other apps.