Does Maxx get burn in easy?

Klaista2k

Reaction score
I was checking out the Maxx at Verizon earlier and I noticed it had a lot of screen burn in.

Is this an issue this phone has, or is it only because it was a store model?

drunkclever

Reaction score
Heh.. I was about to post something on this very subject right now... I am not sure what's up with your screen... but mine during power-up... I get artifacts on the screen looking line cracks. Once it powers up completely... its gone. I have never seen this with other screen except those that have been pressed extremely hard. I wonder if my phone is new... how can I tell what's up with my unit. New? Used? Messed up?

Mine was shipped from Verizonwireless.com. I doubt they would send me a used one. But not certain about refab.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

B

bens42608

Heh.. I was about to post something on this very subject right now... I am not sure what's up with your screen... but mine during power-up... I get artifacts on the screen looking line cracks. Once it powers up completely... its gone. I have never seen this with other screen except those that have been pressed extremely hard. I wonder if my phone is new... how can I tell what's up with my unit. New? Used? Messed up?

Mine was shipped from Verizonwireless.com. I doubt they would send me a used one. But not certain about refab.

U can never trust whether Verizon gave u a brand new unit or a reburb. They be some sneaky SOB's

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

drunkclever

Reaction score
U can never trust whether Verizon gave u a brand new unit or a reburb. They be some sneaky SOB's

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

That's just great. How will I find out? There is no phonefax so that we can look up "vin" numbers...

OP
K

Klaista2k

Reaction score
Anyone have an answer to the burn in question? lol

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
By burn in are you referring to a static image being burned into the display? If so, absolutely no burn in here and never any mention of it on any forums I've read. It would seem virtually impossible because when using the phone, the image is changing frequently and when not, it times out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've seen one case of burn/fade in. It was on a persons device that was left on for days, plugged in and screen set to never time out.

It takes a lot to do that to these screens IMHO

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
By burn in are you referring to a static image being burned into the display? If so, absolutely no burn in here and never any medium of it on any forums I've read. It would seem virtually impossible because when using the phone, the image is changing frequently and when not, it times out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

I've seen one case of burn/fade in. It was on a persons device that was left on for days, plugged in and screen set to never time out.

It takes a lot to do that to these screens IMHO

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Exactly. The OP saw some burn in on the device at Verizon because of these exacts reasons - it's on almost constantly with the brightness jacked up. In normal, everyday use (even with the brightness all the way up), 999,999 out of 1,000,000 people will never experience any burn in over the life of their device.