Does Keyring work for you guys?

Roc_Droid

Reaction score
Could the problem be an issue with the original capture of the cards? Are there tips for that?

themuttt

Reaction score
Could the problem be an issue with the original capture of the cards? Are there tips for that?
comparing what it creates to the original, I'd say that the capture part is pretty impressive, the bar code on the phone looks better than the worn out ones on my keys and seem to match up

zegolf

Reaction score
comparing what it creates to the original, I'd say that the capture part is pretty impressive, the bar code on the phone looks better than the worn out ones on my keys and seem to match up

The barcodes created on the phone are generated by the app, so it SHOULD look better than the ones on your keys. It's amazing that those key ring tags are built so horribly. I don't think I have any on my keys that have a complete barcode. I'm really surprised KeyRing was even able to scan them. Good job!

themuttt

Reaction score

The barcodes created on the phone are generated by the app, so it SHOULD look better than the ones on your keys. It's amazing that those key ring tags are built so horribly. I don't think I have any on my keys that have a complete barcode. I'm really surprised KeyRing was even able to scan them. Good job!
that was what I was trying to convey, I just did it poorly :biggrin:

zegolf

Reaction score

that was what I was trying to convey, I just did it poorly :biggrin:

I figured as much, I just thought I'd help clear it up ;)

Chris1

Reaction score
frankly too embarrassed to pull out my droid when i go into my gym!

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Typically have them use the gun, even then with the glass, sometimes they have to get the angle right.

I won't do flat scanners, as the phone has to be turned down, and I definately don't want someone else handling my Droid!

On the self checkout units I've seen, the scanner has worked with it, just again have to find the angle, etc.

I like it!

At worst, if I don't want them to handle it, I let 'em read the numbers off and punch them in, still cool that I don't have to carry all those cards ...

Guchi

Reaction score
i want it to work so much but i would say for now not so much

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not to be overly critical but since most of the places that this would be used (i.e. grocery stores, I'm guessing) would have flatbed scanners... shouldn't this be addressed? I've not been able to get it to work on any scanners even with brightness up.

Who is and isn't using screen protectors? (I do, wonder if that's part of the problem?)