Does Keyring work for you guys?

mitchb2

Reaction score
I've tried 3 times now to scan my Droid at the grocery store, and I never got it to work.

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
No, I've only tried it with one card but I have tried scanning that card multiple times. Every time I've tried to use it at the store, I proudly whip out my Droid and hold it for the awestruck clerk to scan. They try several times and then I stuff it in my pocket and shamefully pull out my wallet with the real card in it.

OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
I wonder what the problem is. My little keyring card is tiny and scuffed and scratched and it scans the first time.

The Droid barcode is big and bright. Maybe too big? Maybe the scanners are calibrated for a certain size? Oh, well.

zegolf

Reaction score
I wonder what the problem is. My little keyring card is tiny and scuffed and scratched and it scans the first time.

The Droid barcode is big and bright. Maybe too big? Maybe the scanners are calibrated for a certain size? Oh, well.

Rumor has it that this doesn't work with flat scanners. You have to get it scanned with the gun. If you watch the video that comes with the app, they make note of this as well. In addition, there are a few "success tips" within the app.

tracylee

Reaction score
I tried at the store last night, clerk used the gun on it - didn't work. However, after reading to adjust the brightness, I hadn't had a chance to do that first. I did it after I got back in the car, the default was set to lowest brightness. I'll try again next time I'm at the store.

PatG

Reaction score
Tried it at two groceries stores and the gym. The grocery stores were flat bed scanners, but that's what you see most of the time in self-checkout lines. I had the brightness turned all the way down and had cleaned the screen before I tried to use it. Since no one was behind me I actually tried for quite some time, but no luck.

Really disappointing since I do have a bunch of cards in my walled.

tracylee

Reaction score
Tried it at two groceries stores and the gym. The grocery stores were flat bed scanners, but that's what you see most of the time in self-checkout lines. I had the brightness turned all the way down and had cleaned the screen before I tried to use it. Since no one was behind me I actually tried for quite some time, but no luck.

Really disappointing since I do have a bunch of cards in my walled.

The hints I've read say to turn the brightness up. Sorry if my post was confusing.

PatG

Reaction score
I must have misread - I'll try again next time at the store.

Varking

Reaction score
I have had it work for me at Target, Best Buy, and also Food Lion. Get them to use the hand scanner.

REMilk

Reaction score
I used it at Ukrop's supermarket. It works with their hand scanner, but not the flatbed scanners at self-serve checkout. KeyRing documentation states that it does not work well with flatbed scanners.

mchoffa

Reaction score
no luck here with mine or my wife's at 3 different stores (best buy, petsmart, and ingles (grocery store) using both flatbed and handheld... but we also both have screen protectors...

I wish it would work, it's so awesome in theory... definitely a "look what else my phone can do" feature, but doesn't work for us

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
Yep great in theory not so great in reality... Never worked for me, oh well :)

kpiskin

Reaction score
Hasn't worked for me anywhere yet. Each time both scanning methods used at Kroger, Food Lion and GNC.

Leckert123

Reaction score
Neither this nor HandyCards works on my Droid. And the similar application for my iPhone never worked, either. I'm told that the basic issue relates to the refresh rate used on these screens.