Does it bother you your mom might want a droid too

johnflo88

Reaction score
This is a funny thread in a good way and please do not take me the wrong way God Bless the elderly, middle aged and young alike! All the power to everyone who wants to better themselves with technology or in life period!

The great thing about it is I am obsessed with the Droid so in the end I am the one helping my mom or anyone that is interested so I am one step ahead.

But obviously I cannot do it alone this forum is the best place on earth and I personally thank everyone here who has helped me thus far as well.
Here,here, I've been here since early Dec'09 and from canada.This community has given me so much info about the Droid in such a short time that sometime I think I've already owned a Droid.
The funny thing is,I was using my iphone 3g, I was trying to swipe to the next page, swipe up and down, nothing happened.lol' This Droid thing is very contagious and now I am a delusional @##%%
I just can't wait till early 2010 for the Droid aka Milestone to launch in canada, so that I can get rid of my iphone 3g and my wife's 3g.The Milestone in canada comes with pinch and zoom and also the gps. :icon_ banana:

phoenixdroid

Reaction score
I am a mom. When I told my son who is 21 that I wanted Droid he tried to talk me out of it. He said not to jump on new technology--but if I got him a Droid, he would test it out to make sure it works lolllll! Translated for those who are not mom's: I want it first and am embarrassed my mom will have a cooler phone than I do." Bwahahaha

QiG

Reaction score
My mom had one a week before I did and she's turning 59 this month :)

As someone above said, the more widespread it is, the more development there will be. So it doesn't bother me none that other people will have it. And, yes, there is something wrong with skinny jeans (on guys).

jmacal83

Reaction score
Mom thought i was idiot for me getting the DROID...she said i was just sucked in to buying a phone that has no use. i told her all i can do with the phone..she said i was still an idiot.

johnflo88

Reaction score
Mom thought i was idiot for me getting the DROID...she said i was just sucked in to buying a phone that has no use. i told her all i can do with the phone..she said i was still an idiot.
I think we all can forgive her Ignorance. I thought of telling you to tell her that she is the .................... that will be rude and she might take away the phone from you.lol' Now is the time to impress her, what you can do with the Droid and maybe even convinces her to buy a droid eris for herself. Then you will have the last laugh. Oneday, you'll look back and said mom remembered?

boatman2220

Reaction score
This is a funny thread in a good way and please do not take me the wrong way God Bless the elderly, middle aged and young alike! All the power to everyone who wants to better themselves with technology or in life period!

The great thing about it is I am obsessed with the Droid so in the end I am the one helping my mom or anyone that is interested so I am one step ahead.

But obviously I cannot do it alone this forum is the best place on earth and I personally thank everyone here who has helped me thus far as well.
Here,here, I've been here since early Dec'09 and from canada.This community has given me so much info about the Droid in such a short time that sometime I think I've already owned a Droid.
The funny thing is,I was using my iphone 3g, I was trying to swipe to the next page, swipe up and down, nothing happened.lol' This Droid thing is very contagious and now I am a delusional @##%%
I just can't wait till early 2010 for the Droid aka Milestone to launch in canada, so that I can get rid of my iphone 3g and my wife's 3g.The Milestone in canada comes with pinch and zoom and also the gps. :icon_ banana:

But look at it this way, by then there's no telling how far along it will be and how much more apps will be ready.

Laurence5905

Reaction score
My mother is 68, and really doesn't like new technology. Her office just upgraded to the newest version of Micro$oft Office, and she's having a hard time adjusting even to that. It's really not THAT different than the old version...

I can't imagine her upgrading from her 6-year-old Motorola flip-phone to something like the Droid. She'd have no clue... Heck, a couple weeks back I sent her a text message - she didn't even know she'd received the text, and when I told her about it later, she said she'd have no clue how to even read it or respond to it, and didn't want to bother learning because "text messages are silly, anyway."

So Mom would have to WANT to learn about the Droid before I would even consider getting one for her. But hey, at least she has some sort of mobile-communications device. (Her work provides the phone and pays the monthly bill, however.) When she finally decides to retire, I'm quite certain I'll have a fight on my hands to get her to buy a phone (ANY phone) and pay for a voice-plan for herself.

I know I'm gonna have a fight on my hands later this month anyway -- I bought Mom a TiVo for Christmas. Took me many years to get her to learn how to program her VCR by herself... I can't handle the challenge of teaching her TiVo and Droid at the same time. LOL

johnflo88

Reaction score
My mother is 68, and really doesn't like new technology. Her office just upgraded to the newest version of Micro$oft Office, and she's having a hard time adjusting even to that. It's really not THAT different than the old version...

I can't imagine her upgrading from her 6-year-old Motorola flip-phone to something like the Droid. She'd have no clue... Heck, a couple weeks back I sent her a text message - she didn't even know she'd received the text, and when I told her about it later, she said she'd have no clue how to even read it or respond to it, and didn't want to bother learning because "text messages are silly, anyway."

So Mom would have to WANT to learn about the Droid before I would even consider getting one for her. But hey, at least she has some sort of mobile-communications device. (Her work provides the phone and pays the monthly bill, however.) When she finally decides to retire, I'm quite certain I'll have a fight on my hands to get her to buy a phone (ANY phone) and pay for a voice-plan for herself.

I know I'm gonna have a fight on my hands later this month anyway -- I bought Mom a TiVo for Christmas. Took me many years to get her to learn how to program her VCR by herself... I can't handle the challenge of teaching her TiVo and Droid at the same time. LOL
like trying to teach a 5years and 68 years old to text,it's crazy!!Who are they are going to text to?? Their girlfriends in the Mall? lol'
I know for sure they can use the phone call feature like dialing.I talked to my 4years old nephew and my grandma on my cellphone all the time with no problems.
But I don't see myself texting them. Can you? I always wondered why do you text when it is so much easier to use the phone.Just wonder!
icon5.gif

Last edited:

Laurence5905

Reaction score
I always wondered why do you text when it is so much easier to use the phone

Well, for me personally, I use text messages when I don't have time to have a conversation with someone, and I just need to send them a bit of information. It's also a more discreet way of telling someone something rather than getting on the phone and talking (anyone around you can hear you talking, but they have to be deliberately and obviously looking over your shoulder to read your text.)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Mother Knows Best....;)

That's why I don't show mine anything.....she just rolls her eyes....and I'm 43 :icon_ banana:

OP
S
Reaction score

Mother Knows Best....;)

That's why I don't show mine anything.....she just rolls her eyes....and I'm 43 :icon_ banana:

:) that made me laugh.

johnflo88

Reaction score
I always wondered why do you text when it is so much easier to use the phone

Well, for me personally, I use text messages when I don't have time to have a conversation with someone, and I just need to send them a bit of information. It's also a more discreet way of telling someone something rather than getting on the phone and talking (anyone around you can hear you talking, but they have to be deliberately and obviously looking over your shoulder to read your text.)
Thank you and good to know. you've made a convert out of me!:)