Does Incredible 2 have the boot loop problem?

MageLuingil

Reaction score
I owned (technically still do) a Droid Incredible, and love the phone. Unfortunately I got a lemon with the boot loop problem. It gradually got worse to the point that I can't even talk on the phone for more than 10 minutes before it crashes and goes into an infinite reboot loop.

So it's a brick.

What I'm wondering is if anyone knows yet whether the Incredible 2 will have the same issue? I'm hesitant to get another htc phone after the issues I've had already, but it's possible hardware updates on the new phone have made this less of a problem.

Has anyone had this problem, or heard of anyone else having the problem, on the Incredible 2?

Thanks in advance.

rrockich

Reaction score
I personally have not experienced that at all on mine. The only thing that rubs me the wrong way is when closing out of the camera or other programs, i have to wait for htc splash screen and widgets to reload which is a minor grief but still annoying. I will say that this phone straight out of box is the best android experience i've had and prob won't root phone or even change launchers unless something comes up. Didn't have swype preloaded but i fixed that with the beta download and it works well (except i cant seem to swype while typing this post lol)

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

OP
MageLuingil

MageLuingil

Reaction score
Good to know you haven't had problems. I figure if the problem is at all common on this phone, it could be a few weeks at least before the problem shows up much. On the other hand, with the first Incredible a lot of people had the issue right off....

On a side note, I agree with you that Incredible + Swype makes for an awesome phone. I've played with the Thunderbolt a little bit, and nothing in the software on that seems to bother me ... I presume the Inc 2 is kind of a mini Thunderbolt, at least software wise, so I should be okay with it.

Reaction score
It is a thunderbolt with a 4 inch screen and no lte. Its a great phomr

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

mikey1013

Reaction score
I'm actually on here, looking for a way to fix it... bec my Incredible 2 just went into an endless boot loop. :( I've tried pulling the battery out and have not really had any success fixing it. HELP!

bik2101

Reaction score
you can try a factory reset. while holding the down volume rocker, hold the power button. this should eventually bring you a menu allowing you to do a factory reset.

jeffe65

Reaction score
Have you tried pulling the SD card? When the card is bad or doesn't mount properly, it can cause all kinds of problems.

mikey1013

Reaction score
It does seem like it is the SD card... I have another Incredible 2 (that had a bad antenna, so this 2nd one was a replacement for it) and when I tried putting the SD card on that, it went in an endless loop too.

So... what do I do then, if it is the SD card that is the issue? Format the SD card? Replace it?

This phone has spontaneously and randomly rebooted itself over the week I had it... and it wasn't till last night that it went into the endless boot cycle. So I guess I am wondering how the SD card is causing it.

mikey1013

Reaction score
you can try a factory reset. while holding the down volume rocker, hold the power button. this should eventually bring you a menu allowing you to do a factory reset.

I have done the factory reset and it has not fixed the problem

devinhfox

Reaction score
I've had the phone for a week, no problems like that yet.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
try formatting the SD card (after you copy the stuff to your computer), or try putting in another SD card... if there's a problem when the phone is trying to read/write from/to the card, that could definitely cause a reboot