Does ICS support LED notification for missed call and unread texts?

nubby

Reaction score
Me too.

All I get is a solid blue light for any message... I also have "pulse" checked.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

See my screen shot, from the notifications screen. Lots of choices. I also have it so it keeps vibrating if I don't acknowledge it.
View attachment 48088

Last edited:

ftajeffrey

Reaction score
Lightflow? Seriously, have you read the permissions? I would not use anything like that whatsoever. "take pictures and video", deal breaker for me. I have no clue why these permissions are necessary.

Malithar

Reaction score
Lightflow? Seriously, have you read the permissions? I would not use anything like that whatsoever. "take pictures and video", deal breaker for me. I have no clue why these permissions are necessary.

It has the ability to control your cameras LED flash as well as notification LED. If you noticed though, it doesn't have any internet permissions. Would be almost comical if it was programmed to randomly take pics and video of you and store them, for no reason other than to look back and wonder where those pics are coming from. :p If you're worried about permissions though, make sure to read what it says concerning enabling it in Accessibility.

prey

Reaction score
Why do we have to use third party programs for this phone to work correctly?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
Maybe because it's a dev phone...all these interfaces are supported, they just need to be implemented. Makes perfect sense as a programmer. If you aren't going to use an interface, don't implement it. Cuts on overhead a lot. If you want the functionality, then well (I hate saying this, I really do)...then there's an app for it lol. Some ROMs have custom led settings for messaging and Gmail, etc.

They wouldn't have stuck a 32bit led there if they intended it to just blink one color :) But custom leds aren't implemented the same across different hardware, so Google just left the options out so their apps would be compatible across the board. If they made specific apps targeted to phones with a full 32 bit led, then you would bet they'd have the options there for you. ICS isn't just Nexus though.

billyk

Reaction score
New to the GNex and very cautious about what I install to avoid potential ICS compliance issues.

I installed Light Flow yesterday and so far it's very stable. The app filesize is small, but I believe it uses nearly 20mb of RAM when running, which it does all the time.

It seems like a great app - as reported above. It's highly customizable and for me - extremely useful. I didn't realize how much I missed those visual cues for emails and messages in the past week!

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I don't like the stock messaging app so I use Handcent... you can tweak Handcents setting for the notification light (I set mine to green). I get the white light for e-mail notifications from Gmail (stock), and I get a blue light for Yahoo mail. So I haven't had a need to install lightflow at this point. Would love to see notification options in the main menu, but I understand keeping the OS lean since the OEM's will tweak stuff too (and there are apps you can add if you want more options).

OP
A

amajamar

Reaction score
I uninstalled Light Flow because it could only flash one color for K9 mail, and K9 can flash different colors for each account (I use three). It uses a lot of resident memory like Missed Call Reminder, so I reinstalled Missed Call so I could get my missed calls and texts LED notified. I emailed the developer of Light Flow and he said he was working on multiple account colors from K9, so might try again if that can get updated.