Does ICS support LED notification for missed call and unread texts?

amajamar

Reaction score
I could have sworn my OG Droid did. Am I not seeing the setting? Do you need an app for that?

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I use light flow so I can have different colors/flash patterns for different apps.

Check your settings under display and be sure pulse notification is checked.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
+1 for LightFlow. Probably the best app you can download for your Nexus imo.

Axium

Reaction score
Does lightflow cause any bad reactions I heard it wasn't good when the nexus first came out. Maybe they patched it up. Also how is the battery drain with that app?

Sent from my GALAXY NEXUS using DroidForums

OP
A

amajamar

Reaction score
Does lightflow cause any bad reactions I heard it wasn't good when the nexus first came out. Maybe they patched it up. Also how is the battery drain with that app?

I was going to ask the same.

prey

Reaction score

Me too.

All I get is a solid blue light for any message... I also have "pulse" checked.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
A

amajamar

Reaction score
Me too.

All I get is a solid blue light for any message... I also have "pulse" checked.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Do you get a light for a message? How do you set that? I have the pulse checked but nothing for texts. I use K9 for mail and it has the option for email notification lights.

captdroid

Reaction score
No problems here with lightflow... running the latest version... it was updated a while back for ICS support. I have always run lightflow on my Gnex which is rooted but I also ran lightflow on my GF phone before I rooted that one and it worked fine. Lightflow should work fine on 4.0.2 or 4.0.4.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Do you get a light for a message? How do you set that? I have the pulse checked but nothing for texts. I use K9 for mail and it has the option for email notification lights.

you have a multicolor LED on the bottom of the device right under the screen.

OP
A

amajamar

Reaction score
you have a multicolor LED on the bottom of the device right under the screen.

I know that. How do you get it to light up for texts and missed calls? That was my original question.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I know that. How do you get it to light up for texts and missed calls? That was my original question.
Get lightflow and check the settings (though by default they should light up already). After that you can test each notification or just do the real test and send yourself a text and call from another phone.

edit: I'm not 100% sure but you need to have the screen off for the notifications to work. If it isn't like that stock then I changed my settings and forgot I did.

Malithar

Reaction score
I could have sworn my OG Droid did. Am I not seeing the setting? Do you need an app for that?

Came to the Gnex from the OG Droid myself too, and the notification lights really threw me off. I remember it being so easy to set, and it was bright. For the first day I had the Gnex, I didn't even realize it HAD the light. XD As has been said though, Light Flow is a solid fix. Just got around to installing it myself today, and I haven't had an issues other than notification audio not playing sometimes.

OP
A

amajamar

Reaction score
Came to the Gnex from the OG Droid myself too, and the notification lights really threw me off. I remember it being so easy to set, and it was bright. For the first day I had the Gnex, I didn't even realize it HAD the light. XD As has been said though, Light Flow is a solid fix. Just got around to installing it myself today, and I haven't had an issues other than notification audio not playing sometimes.

How much memory does Light Flow use? I actually installed Missed Call Reminder last night and it worked well for what I wanted but, it uses 25MB of memory. Way too much for a utility like that. I will look for something less resource intensive.